Monday, July 16, 2012

Quite the week for Max!

Last week Max went to Y camp out at the Union Park YMCA camp here in Dubuque. It was Monday through Thursday from 8:30-4:30. Long days, but it was great practice to see how kindergarten would go in about a month! He was tired at the end of the day, but I knew he loved it when each morning rolled around and he couldn't wait to go! His neighbor friend Owen did it with him, which worked out great...he got a friend with him and I got someone to carpool with! It was a good indication of what life would be like this fall when I just have Ivy and Mya home with me. Turns out..when Mya is without Max, she doesn't.stop.talking.to.me.ever! One afternoon Chris's mom called and I ended up letting Mya talk her ear off for 10 minutes or so just so I could get a break from talking to her!! She did take a couple of naps so that was nice because I got a couple of naps in too.

Max loved camp. He got to go sliding down the black hole, creek stomping, swimming each day with lessons, eat picnic lunches, sing songs, play lots and lots of camp games and go hiking! I'm sure they did more, but that was all I got out of him. We all went out to camp on the last day and watched a little program and ate dinner. We were especially excited that Max was chosen as camper of the week by his counselors. He won this award because of his listening skills, patience and always having a positive attitude! The only reason he cared was because he got to pick out something from the camp store (a giant pixie stick...great:), but obviously Chris and I were happy for other reasons. Max and I have had kind of a tough summer, so it was reassuring to see that some of things I've been harping on him about are actually sinking in.

Below is Max and Owen in front of the black hole.

Max's other big news of last week came on Friday night. We were over at a friend's house and he lost his first tooth! He came running outside with a complete look of horror on his face, but once he started getting major attention and people started throwing money at him, he turned it around to one of the most excited faces ever! We were with all of his best buddies, but he still wanted to leave immediately to get home and get that tooth put under his pillow! The next morning he got up early and was carrying his little baggie with the $3 so proudly. We told him that the fairy gives you more money on your first tooth, so not to expect $3 for all of his teeth:) He then started asking some pretty tough questions like "What does the tooth fairy do with all of the teeth?" Later he thought that maybe she gave the teeth to babies like Ivy who are getting their baby teeth! I thought that was a pretty good idea. He claims to have seen the fairy's wing. Who knows....I guess it's possible Chris put on one of Mya's fairy wings:)

No comments: