I need to get back into the swing of things with this blog! The weeks are just flying by around here and a blog stays on my list of things to do, but never gets crossed off! I'm going to do my best to recap the last couple of weeks....
Last weekend I went up to Decorah to play in the Luther Alumni Tennis meet. There hasn't been one since I graduated so it was really fun to get back on the courts at Luther and play with many of my former teammates! We had a wonderful weekend and I am so looking forward to my 10 year reunion at Homecoming in October! A highlight was when my friend Rachel and I beat the #1 team from Luther in doubles! (however..something tells me they're not #1 anymore:)
Max is doing really well with school. I'd say right now he doesn't love it, but he doesn't dislike it either. He gets up every morning and doesn't complain, but I'm 100% positive if I told him he didn't have to go, he'd jump for joy. We had 2 early outs last week because of the heat and I got to spend 3 hours in his classroom Friday morning so that helped to make the days go a little faster! Starting next week I'm going to go in every Tuesday morning and help with various things in the room. Ivy is going to a little daycare in the neighborhood and Mya will be at school. Below is a picture of Max all decked out in protective gear. He was playing football with the neighbor kids and was sick of missing the ball and getting hit all the time! You can frequently see him playing basketball with his bike helmet on as well these days for the same reason. I think it's pretty smart..:)
Mya started school last week. She goes 8:45-11:45 Monday-Thursday to the same school she went last year. So far she loves it despite having to deal with some pretty bad allergies. Her eyes were so puffy and watery, runny nose, sneezes, etc. all week. We have an appointment for her in a couple of weeks to figure out what we're going to do for her. This is the first time she has had to deal with these nasty allergies. (see puffy eyed picture below)
Ivy is entering a super fun stage. She is starting to want to be a part of everything including wrestling with daddy after dinner! She can get into trouble really quickly and if you start running towards her, she goes faster.(up the steps for example) Speaking of allergies...we've discovered she has some sort of dairy allergy. For awhile she was puking every time she had dairy (ice cream, yogurt, and formula) and then last week she broke out head to toe in hives (more like welts) after eating some macaroni and cheese. I've had some suspicions for awhile, but was kind of hoping it would go away???!?? If I remember right, my niece Olivia had this too, but grew out of it by the time she was 1, Hopefully that's the case with Ivy too.
Chris and I just got back from a quick trip to Chicago. We really needed to get away for a weekend even though it's not an easy task leaving 3 kiddos....one of whom is attached to me at the hip. My parents didn't have any plans for the weekend so they were able to come down here and watch the kids. Everything went well for them and Ivy did fabulous. We're pretty sure she figured out that if she can't get me in the night, she might as well just keep sleeping!
I hadn't really ever done the whole Chicago tourist thing, so we managed to fit lots and lots into 2 days! We went with our neighbors who lived in Chicago for 10 years. 7 in the city and 3 in the suburbs. Basically we got a private tour of the city from some locals who knew where all the hot spots were. We ate, shopped, walked, walked and walked some more, ate some more and saw tons. I feel like I have a really good grasp on the city and we think we'll take the kids there next summer!
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Way to go Rachel and Beth! That is SO awesome! We have allergies at our house too, those eyes look familiar :) (it usually happens to us when Carson decides to hug dogs) Glad you were able to get away for the weekend with the hubby!!
You and Rach still got it! I can't wait for our reunion either! Glad school is going okay and you are able to help out in the classroom! How fun! See you in 1 month! :)
Nice work at the tennis match! Awesome that you two were able to have time together in Chicago. :)See you soon!
so, I have to ask... is Ivy going to Amy's house or another place?
Post a Comment