Tomorrow my first born Max heads off to kindergarten! I cannot believe it's already here. He has run down to send the neighbor kids off at the bus stop and run down to greet them when they get home for 3 years now and FINALLY (in his words) he will be joining them on the bus! He is so excited and I'm not sure what to feel! I feel sad that he's going to be gone all day and that he will come home talking about people/kids that I don't know. I'm happy/proud that he's ready for kindergarten and that he has all the tools he needs to be successful. I'm so very thankful that I have gotten to stay home with him these past few years. I'm nervous that he won't wipe well enough after going to the bathroom, that his pb&j won't get cleaned off of his cheeks after lunch, or worse that he won't like lunch and will be hungry the rest of the day! Of course I'm nervous about more than that, but those are the three things that are on the top of my head right now! Tonight after he had been in bed for a few minutes, he came out and wanted to be sure I woke him up in the morning so he didn't miss the bus:) What a sweetie!
It will definitely be different around here. Mya will be going to school 4 mornings a week but doesn't start until next Monday. She'll be sad that Max isn't around, but there will be LOTS less fighting and tattling. Mya is awesome at playing by herself so I think the afternoons will go by fast for her.
I'll most likely be blogging more tomorrow and will include pictures of him getting on the bus and also at school. (Yes..I'm following the bus to school to make sure he gets to the right place on the first day:)
For now...a few favorite pictures I found tonight while looking around!
Monday, August 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Hope it goes great Beth! It is hard to believe that the time that everyone says goes by so quickly (when you can be home with them) is here for you! It makes me nervous for next year!:/ Sounds like Max is ready to roll.
Ahhh. Such a cute post.
Post a Comment