Tuesday, September 11, 2012

10 months!

Ivy is 10 months old today! Mya is still super confused as to why Ivy keeps getting so much older, but she is only 4:) Here's a little bit of what she's up to these days.

If you're a facebook friend of mine, you may have seen the video of her that I posted last week showing everyone that she is very capable of saying no. She can shake her head very well and loves the feedback she gets from Max and Mya when she does it! We are starting to teach some sign language and so far can sign "all done" when she wants. When she doesn't want to, she just shakes her head:)She has 6 teeth...4 top and 2 bottom. She can stand up on her own and has taken a couple of steps. I don't think walking is too far away, but you never know with this girl. We thought she was going to roll over at 3 months and it was almost 2 months later when it finally happened! She is sleeping much better these days. Putting her down for either a nap or bedtime is a piece of cake. She's starting to show signs of being one of my kids in the car. She slept for about 20 minutes the entire way up to MN last weekend and pretty much complained the other 4 hours 40 minutes. She loves her soft purple blanket and her pacifier when it's time for bed, loves to look at books, but prefers them not be read to her because it takes too long in between pages, likes to swing and hates the flash of a camera and the sound of her high chair tray when I snap it onto her chair!

I've actually caught Mya and Ivy "playing" together a few times in the last couple of weeks. It's super cute and Ivy usually ends up screaming because Mya is trying to make her do something she doesn't want to do. Since I just have the girls home in the afternoons it's kind of nice that they are starting to play together. Here are a few pictures of my attempt to get some 10 month shots of her. She's anti-picture these days because it means sitting still and keeping her hands off the sticker on her shirt!





This is the view from here for much of the day:) I'm sure I'll miss this whole "crawling up my leg and whine until I pick her up" stage...or at least I'm telling myself that:)



3 comments:

Kel said...

Man does she look like Max, I think! Too cute!

ahuinker said...

Hard to believe Ivy is so "old" already! The the first picture of Ivy in the chair.

Tracy said...

She is so cute! I am going to set her and troy up so we can be in-laws!