We headed to Decorah this past weekend for a very fun weekend that we've been planning for months! My dad is on the Rotary in town and they put on the 1st annual loop de loop half marathon and 5K on the new trail that circles the city. It's a gorgeous trail and I recommend everyone tries it out if you're in town! Chris and my sister in law Amanda ran the half marathon while myself, Tara, and my brother in law Jeff ran the 5K! It was an early,windy, cold morning, but I'm happy to report that everyone survived and is still walking! Sometimes watching things like that motivate me to do something similar, but I didn't get those feelings watching the half marathon, so I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to 5K's!
Chris's parents were able to come to town also to watch the race and to help celebrate another event going on that night which was my dad's surprise 60th birthday party! My mom did a fabulous job lining everything up and he was SHOCKED! With the race being that morning he never suspected anything with all the people who were in town. I love surprises and this one definitely didn't let me down. All of the kids were awesome..they basically ran the entire time and barely stopped to eat! We took Ivy home to a babysitter around 7 and that worked out perfectly as well. It was so great to catch up with family and friends who I don't get to see very often.
It was tough to get up and going this morning as we're all a little behind on sleep, but it was all worth it! So glad Chris's parents were able to make it and take a break from the campaign for a couple of days! Amanda's parents were also able to be there so it was fun to catch up a bit with them during the race and the party as well! Hope everyone has a good week! Enjoy a few pictures from the weekend. Thanks to Amanda for taking them!
Surprise!!
This is what they did for hours! Someone told me they thought the kiddos probably ran a 5K that night!
best buds Mya and Olivia
A "senior picture" of Max in Chris's suitcoat from 30 years ago:)
Monday, September 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Love surprise birthday parties! Glad it went off without a hitch! And I LOVE that coat that Max has on! Hilarious!
Post a Comment