Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lots of reasons to celebrate!

I'm not sure we could have fit one more thing into this weekend! Let me start out by wishing my in-laws a very happy 40th wedding anniversary! 40 years together is nothing to bat an eye at...it's something to be very proud of. I know they're feeling blessed tonight to have found each other and to have stayed together this long. Ever since my Grandpa Grady died I have always thought 40 year anniversaries were pretty special. He died 3 months before he and my Grandma would have celebrated 40 years. I wish David and Linda many many more happy, healthy years together!


Ivy decided to celebrate her Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary by officially starting to walk today! She has been taking steps for a few weeks, but today she went from mostly crawling to mostly walking! If she needs to get somewhere fast, she'll still crawl, but we definitely have a walker around here! And she seems so proud:) Max walked 3 weeks before he turned 1 and Mya walked 3 weeks after she turned 1, so Ivy is our first walker. Go figure.....slowest to crawl, fastest to walk! (video coming soon!)

Another celebration this weekend came Friday night. I have been working very hard on a volunteer board to put on a gala to benefit the Visiting Nurse Association of Dubuque. We raise money for many different parts of the VNA, but the one that I'm most proud of is the amount of money we raise for vaccinations for children who cannot afford them. Our numbers are not in yet, but we're thinking it will be another great year. Last year we were able to raise $52,000 and it looks like we're on track to do the same! I'm so happy that I was able to do this, but I'm also so happy it's over! I can get back to making meals for my family and watching TV at night with Chris instead of making spreadsheets, sending e-mails, double/triple checking reservations and table assignments, making phone calls for auction items, sponsorship, etc! The picture below is of some of my Dubuque friends who come to support this great event. (However, I'm not sure what we're all going to talk about now that our "mom-prom" is over!)


And lastly, the final celebration was my 10 year Luther homecoming! Chris and I drove up to Decorah Saturday morning and met all of my college roomomates at my parents house for the weekend! My parents graciously traded houses with us so that they could watch our kids and we could have a place to stay! We had an absolute blast catching up with everyone and seeing some old friends who we haven't seen in years, but after 2 minutes it feels like it's right back where it used to be! That's definitely the sign of a good friend:) I'm pretty tired tonight (can't imagine why??!??) so I'm going to close this blog. I hope everyone has a quite, uneventful week! (that's what I'm hoping for:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ooh, love that pink dress Beth! :) Soooo good to see you and please thank your parents again for allowing us to hang out there! That was awesome! Love the picture from Roscoes. :) I feel as though I've been hit by a truck today--back to mommy mode!

Katie said...

40 years is awesome!! Good job on the walking, Ivy! Now you will be able to keep up with your bro & sis in no time :) Beth, so great to see you! I think the weekend went way too fast! And it has taken me about 3 days to recover from staying up til 2am each of the nights :). Hope you guys are having a good week!