Wednesday, October 3, 2012

5 1/2 years old!

One month ago today, Max celebrated his half birthday! I haven't written a post about him in awhile so here goes! He is loving school these days. It wasn't always the case, so I'm so happy to be able to write that now. I think it just took some getting used to for him. So much about kindergarten was brand new...being gone all day, eating lunch away from home, riding a bus, meeting new kids, wiping himself:), etc.


He is dong really well from what I can tell. He already knows 12 site words and loves pointing them out when we're reading before bed. He tells us so much throughout the night about what's going on at school. The other night he said (very matter of factly) that "every word that starts with q is usually followed by a u!" It was pretty cute. Tonight we were going for a walk and he asked me if he could pick a coniferous leaf off of a tree! I was pretty impressed. Oh and everything his teacher says is the truth no matter what! He eats hot lunch everyday though most days he chooses the peanut butter and jelly or the deli sandwich. The bus is still one of the top things he does each day. The bus comes around 8:15, but he insists on going out there at 8:00 to put his backpack down so he can be first to get on the bus when it comes! He drops off his backpack and then comes back home to shoot some baskets for a few minutes. Mya has officially taken his spot as the person to send the bus off and greet the bus each day. Lately she has been asking me to pick her up for preschool at the bus stop!


Max has also cried more in the past month than he has in the past year combined! I'm chalking it up to being overtired. He goes to bed early, but is not getting the best sleep each night. He has been ending up on our floor many nights. We just keep extra bedding under our bed and when he comes in, we just slide it out and we're back to sleep in less than 30 seconds. It's probably not a great habit to be in, but obviously something is bothering him because he never used to do this, so we're just hoping it kind of ends on its own! Another thing we're hoping kind of ends on its own is the fighting between him and Mya! This morning I made them say something nice about one another because I was beginning to think there wasn't one thing they liked about each other!

3 comments:

Grandma Pat said...

Love you, Max.....where'd that little boy Max go? You're growing up so fast.

ahuinker said...

Great pictures of Max - I think he looks so much like Chris in the second one!

Tony & Tara said...

You can always tell them aunt Tara won't bring any more gifts for thm if they keep fighting!