Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Adjusting to our new schedule!

It's so hot here! Holy smokes...It's 4:15 and still 94 degrees outside. Today was the second day in a row they've had an early release from school and we've already gotten the call that tomorrow is another one. It's a good thing for Mya...she is still struggling a bit with the whole school thing, so being able to tell her that she gets to come home after lunch helps a lot! With the early outs this week and next week being a 4 day week, she won't have to do a full week until the 4th week of school which will be nice. Her allergies could be another reason she's struggling a bit...check out pic below. That was from this morning. Doesn't even look like her...



Ivy and I are adjusting to life at home just the two of us! It is actually really nice and I feel like I'm going back to when I just had Max and Mya home with no preschool and we'd do all sorts of fun things to keep busy. I also had forgotten what nap time was like since Mya hasn't napped for over a year. It's awesome to know every day I have an hour and a half of free time. It goes really really fast of course!

Here are a few other pics off of my phone. Stay cool everyone:)

Ivy has been helping me clean and we spent some time at Petco this week walking around looking at the animals.



Chris helped me out last week one afternoon with Ivy and managed to work from home with her!


Ivy experienced her first bouncy house last Friday at the John Deere summer picnic. She loved it and I ended up having to climb in the house to get her out multiple times.


This is the daily routine while we wait for the bus to come home!


Chris bought some painters plastic and we attempted a homemade slip-n-slide. It didn't work that well, but with a little help from the dawn, it ended up being okay! We're going to look for a stronger material next time.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the weather is in honor of Tara moving to Japan....this kind of feels like the island climate of the Pacifics!

Unknown said...

Poor Mya! I hope her allergies ease soon! Pat- I thought the exact same thing about the weather:) Beth - I can't imagine all the juggling and change that is happening at your house right now! How special for Ivy to have you alone for more hours now:) Isn't it funny that going back to one seems so much easier, back when we had just one, we thought it was hard! Let's plan a time to meet up somewhere and play:)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Hope Mya's allergies are better soon and bummer about the heat. Love the homemade slip'n slide attempt!! Kel