Her favorite phrase right now is, "Mom, watch this." If I hear that followed by "3, 5" it means she's going to jump so I usually go running. I don't know why she says 3, 5 before she jumps, but it means I have about 2 seconds to get to her before she does! Whether it's off the side of the pool, the steps on Max and Mya's bunk beds, the slide at the park or wherever she thinks she wants to jump, I need to be ready! I was at the park one day with her while Max and Mya were at swimming lessons. She was climbing up this rock wall and a little girl (probably newly turned 3 year old) said, "Look at that baby mommy" and the mom said, "Oh I know, her mom won't let her climb all the way up there." I just looked at the mom and said, "oh yes I am...unless you want to see a major tantrum!" And of course she climbed up with ease. Other favorite phrases include "watch out" and "climb up".
She loves to get wet and drink from the hose. Max and Mya think it's just hilarious because one of their friends told them that hose water was the same as toilet water:) She talks non-stop and repeats the last two words that you say to her all the time. It's pretty funny to hear her say some grown up things. I was thinking it might be quiet around here next week when Max and Mya go to school, but the more I think about it, Ivy will be able to make up for the other two no problem! She has the same ability as Max and I do with names. She loves to say people's names and knows every kid in the neighborhood's name. Adults too and it totally melts their hearts when she says "Hi Carole or Hi Chris Nevins!" (yes..she even uses last names once in awhile:)

She's obsessed with shoes. So much so that when the neighbor kids come over here, they put their shoes up because they know they won't be able to find them once they need to leave! She's happiest when she is wearing someone else's shoes, holding her blanket and pacifier while putting on chapstick. She hasn't noticed the TV yet, still loves books, calls herself baby Ivy, doesn't play with toys very much unless they're the toys Max and Mya are playing with, says "hold you" when she wants to be held, she's an average car rider, is a total lover when she's tired, is tough as nails, still allergic to milk, loves to "chew" gum, knows exactly what she wants 99% of the time, calls all fruit strawberries and all vegetables apples and is a royal pain in the butt to take shopping.

I think that pretty much sums up this 21 month old sweetie! One things for sure...she's going to miss her big bro and sis next week when they start school. It'll break my hear t when she starts yelling for them:)



1 comment:
She sounds like a fun little girl! You will be on your toes with just her next week! Hope all goes smoothly as school begins.
PS We are eating dinner with the Peterson's tonight...thank you for giving our name to them!
Post a Comment