Wednesday, November 13, 2013

birthday, baby and snow!

For Ivy's birthday we took the kids to Happy Joe's to celebrate with some taco pizza for most of the family and a sausage pizza (hold the cheese) for Ivy! Here are a few pictures. Max and Mya were pretty happy that they got to eat Ivy's ice cream sundae:) We had some dairy free cake at home and opened presents afterwards.











Here's Ivy enjoying some cake 1 day after her birthday. I have no idea why I let her do that two days in a row. What a mess!



Last Thursday (11/7) my first nephew Grady Lawrence Huinker was born! Grady is my mom's maiden name and Lawrence is Amanda's Grandpa's name. I just love his name for so many reasons.

We went up to Decorah on Saturday because I couldn't wait until Thanksgiving! Once Mya got over the fact that it wasn't a girl, she was pretty smitten. She wanted to hold him a lot. Max was not interested and Ivy was a terror. She just kept holding out her hands crying "hold it, hold it" She was a bit rough and had to make an early exit with Grandma and Grandpa. He is one cute little boy and has a couple of proud parents and big sisters:) I'm excited to see him in 2 weeks.







Lastly, the snow hit us early this year! It snowed on Ivy's birthday so the kids had to go outside and play of course. Ivy had been watching it snow all morning so when it was time to go out and play she wanted to play in the "snowing". This past weekend Chris took Max and Mya to the ski swap and got them all geared up for this year's ski season! They're pretty excited about it and saw that they were making snow at Sundown the other night so it's probably just around the corner.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the post, Beth! Good job. You always make the kids' birthdays so fun! Didn't get to do too much celebrating with her this year. From now on, we can have a double birthday party for her and Grady.

Mom

Unknown said...

Awesome post:) So many happy things. I love Ivy's "hold it, hold it"!! So cute.

Tracy said...

Awww..... congrats on your new nephew. Love the name! And I would give anything for a Happy Joe's taco pizza right now :) Looks like a fun birthday!