Max (the Marine) and Mya (the cheerleader) had a great time. Max lasted over 2 hours and Mya came inside around the 1.5 hour mark because she didn't believe me when I told her she would be cold. (imagine that...my kids don't believe me when it comes to weather!) Someday they will trust my judgment, but so far this fall it has been rough! Anyway....they got lots and lots of candy which was their main goal. This morning they woke up with sore legs so I know they worked off some calories running from house to house!
I love living in this neighborhood when it comes to Halloween. All of the adults head out with a wagon full of beer and walk around with the kids. It's fun to catch up with friends on other streets that we don't see all the time and it's just genuinely fun to see how happy kids are on this crazy night!
Some pumpkin carving pictures below. We worked hard to get them to put their hands inside the pumpkin without a scooper! They were not excited about it at all:) We got a container of seeds, but then never ended up roasting them! Maybe next year...

The end products! Mya's has the cute eye lashes of course and Chris did his magic with the name pumpkin. I loved it!

Some pictures of the crew trick-or-treating. I love the picture of Ivy and our neighbor Carole. It was the one house Ivy would even smile:)

Ivy loved handing out candy to the kids who came to the door! And the picture of the candy is all of the loot that we had to take out because it contained peanuts. I was surprised how much there was! Guess Chris and I will have to help them out with those:)




4 comments:
How much fun these years are for the kids! Wish they could come to our door :(. The little goblins that visited our house were so excited too!
Sounds like a fun night! Beth - that last picture of you and Ivy caused me to do a double-take because I thought you were Tara! :)
Yay for little cheerleaders! :) And my kids are TOTALLY the same way when it comes to dressing for the weather... I think their teachers probably wonder why I don't prepare them better. And Ivy looks like a great helper! :)
Post a Comment