Friday, November 8, 2013

Switch Witch

For some reason, this Halloween I was really the Grinch when it came to candy. I didn't want to pass any out, I didn't want my kids to get any, etc. I came across this idea in a blog that I read (100 days of real food) about the "switch witch". The friendly witch comes to your house and takes your candy and replaces it with a toy! Seemed like a good idea to me. I let them have the candy for a few days, but it was driving me nuts for several reasons. 1. allergies 2. my lack of self control 3. Ivy doesn't need any candy, but she's getting a lot harder to trick these days 4. they fought nonstop about who got what, who got more, etc. 5. we have been cavity free so far and I intend to keep it that way!

So...this week we set out the candy bags and put their names and ages on the bag (so she would know what to leave) and the next morning, there was a toy in place of the bag! They were so excited and haven't said a word about their candy since!




(Max left this note on an envelope full of target coupons for toys that came in the mail this week. 100% his idea:)








1 comment:

Julie said...

Great idea!!!!! Did u throw the candy out? I agree with you....it's a pain to control it and not eat it myself!