Last Sunday we went with our neighbors to the Edmonton Corn Maze. I was telling my kids it was a pumpkin patch (because I assumed they would have pumpkins and my kids are very familiar with pumpkin patches) but come to find out, they had no pumpkins! They had everything else a typical fall festival would have...a bouncy trampoline type pillow, lots of animals to feed/pet, a spud gun, hay bale slides, an awesome corn maze with trivia to help guide you through, giant pedal cars, and of course kettle corn and hot chocolate! It was too warm for the hot chocolate, but it's never too warm for kettle corn:)
Today we spent the morning at the Jurassic Forest which is about an hour north of our house. Tomorrow is the last day it is opened for the season so we figured we better go take a look! It was a pretty cool place. They had lifelike dinosaurs all over the forest that moved and made noises. The kids had a great time running through the trails looking at all of the dinosaurs and trying to pronounce their names. You'd think after the number of Dinosaur Train episodes they've seen they would be better! Ivy was a little scared, but did fine if she was being held. They also had a dino dig where the kids got to uncover fossils in the giant sandbox. I know I definitely learned a lot so hopefully the kids did too!




2 comments:
Oh sweet dinosaur place! Wowzer! And no pumpkins at a corn maze, it just doesn't seem right! :) The kids will have great memories of Edmonton!
I am so glad you are finding all the fun things to do! Looks like a beautiful place!
Post a Comment