I pretended along with her the whole time because I remember how fun it was to pretend to be big. I let her "lock" the car with her keys, talked about how cold it probably was for her baby, etc. She just ate it up. She ordered a kid sized hot chocolate and a banana chocolate chip muffin and we had a nice time chatting. Well, we chatted a little bit and the rest of the time Mya spent people watching...one of her favorite things to do! I've said it before on here, but this 6 year old cannot wait to be a mom. Not sure if this is right or wrong, but when she doesn't want to go to school in the morning I tell her that if she doesn't go to school, she won't be able to get into college, meet her husband and have kids. Then the other day when Ivy was throwing a fit about not wanting to take the kids to school (you know..the usual) Mya was trying to tell her that she wouldn't be able to be a mom if she didn't go to school! I feel a little bad about making her think that, but for now it works and it's sorta true;)
After Starbucks we went grocery shopping and she put her baby in the cart and was reading my list and pretending it was her that we were grocery shopping for. It was pretty cute. I snapped a few pictures of her along the way.
notice her holding the "keys" so she's ready to unlock the doors in the pic below:)
And lastly...the other night when we were getting the kids to bed, Ivy and Mya decided to do a pull-up dance party. It was hilarious and I had to take some photos! The pic in the center of the collage where they're both looking at each other is my favorite:)



3 comments:
Again, one of my favorite posts.
Mya will be quite the mommy is right. I can't wait until she's even older to help me with mine in the years to come! Heck, she walks around with Quinn, changes her diapers, and gets her changed now!
Great post, sis. Love the collage, too! This will be so fun for Mya and Ivy to look back on.
ps. I bet Mya loves the picture of her pushing the cart. Her hair looks long ;)
Oh how cute! It is so fun and important to have some girl/1-on-1 time. What a big girl:) I love how mature these girls are but hate that they want to grow up so fast! The pull-up dance is awesome:)
Post a Comment