
Last spring Chris's mom gave Mya a grass hula skirt that she got when she was in Hawaii a number of years ago and Mya thinks it's so cool. She had to disguise a turkey (today is Thanksgiving in Canada so that's the reason for the turkey activities in early October:) at school and wanted to disguise it as a hula girl. Last week when I was at school I noticed the teacher hung them up and that Mya had written a description of her turkey. Apparently she thinks her grandma used to be a hula dancer! And now the teacher thinks so as well:)
Max's orthodontic care has begun! He got his expander in last Thursday and is doing really well with it. He has to brush his teeth quite often and use the special tools to get food out of his expander, but he is taking it all in stride. We have to "expand" it every other day (it moves .25mm each time) for a month or so and then they will check to see the progress. I'm sure we will be doing it a few times throughout the next 8 months. This is only step 1 in "operation fix Max's jaw/teeth" so stay tuned!
Mya is doing really well at gymnastics. She has only gone once a week thus far, but starting next week will go twice per week. I hope it's not too much for her.
I've mentioned it before, but it has been a beautiful fall here. I've been able to take Chloe on lots of walks and we snapped a few pics of the kids in our neighborhood.
One of our neighbors is Italian so he's been teaching me about Italian cooking and recently his wife took me to the Italian grocery store to teach me the ropes. I'm sure glad I had her because I wouldn't have had a clue! Basil and pine nuts are two of the things that are actually cheap here (I know...something that is cheap here...new concept) so we made an awesome batch of pesto one night! We've also been making lots of yummy apple treats and the kids love to help with the apple peeler/slicer.
And lastly, my sis in law Amanda sent me a pic of Grady (11 months) climbing up on the dishwasher! It reminded me of Max at that age:)




1 comment:
And now your secret is out, Linda!
Post a Comment