First of many forts to come. Good thing my grandpa taught me the right way to strengthen a fort with candles on the inside. Lessons passed down make you smile.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Forts and boy stuff...
Beth has been having fun letting Max get into her jewelry the last couple days, so I thought it was time to help him build his first snow fort. I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the ice off the driveway the last couple of days and Max has enjoyed helping me. He did a good job of taking the snow off the banks and putting it back onto the driveway... So it looks like our boy finally likes the snow. I was pretty worried earlier this winter when I set him down and he just cried. That was tough to swallow considering I was sure he would be the Nastar champion (ski racing) his dad never was by the age of 2. ;)
First of many forts to come. Good thing my grandpa taught me the right way to strengthen a fort with candles on the inside. Lessons passed down make you smile.
First of many forts to come. Good thing my grandpa taught me the right way to strengthen a fort with candles on the inside. Lessons passed down make you smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Beth, Carson loves to play with my make-up so I think playing with jewelry is totally cool - especially when it keeps them busy long enough so you can get dressed, make dinner, clean the bathroom, etc. The only problem I've had is that last week I found a huge finger print chunk missing out of my lipstick....
Hope things are going well with the house hunt!
Katie
I learned something, never heard of the candle trick with the fort. I made plenty of forts too, YEARS AGO, great memories. I always wondered why we didn't have more cave-ins. Watch Max, next he'll be freezing Beth's jewelry to the walls of the cave for a little bling!
Looks like Max and dad had a fun time out in the snow. I'm glad someone else knows how to build snow caves (as we call them). Simon still thinks it's crazy that while he was reading books I've never even heard of his senior year of High School, I was taking back packing classes and sleeping in my own snow caves on snow shoe trips.
Beth, isn't it about time you made Chris retire those boots? I'm pretty sure he has had those since freshman year at Luther!
Simon
Post a Comment