Saturday, January 17, 2009

What we've been up to lately

This week has flown by! We had -34 degree temperatures a few nights ago which led to a pipe freezing and many many hours spent inside! Lucky for us, this morning it go to 22 degrees which felt balmy! I went to Dubuque again today to look at a few new houses and check out ones we saw last week. I think we have it narrowed down to 2. Chris is working in Dbq on Wednesday so he'll check them out again and we'll most likely make an offer later in the week. Our realtor here in Cedar Falls came through last Thursday night and basically told us we need to take our stuff and divide it in half. He said to make it look like we don't live here while still living here....hmmm easier said than done!! I just hope we priced it right so that we get a buyer right away and don't have to mess with a bunch of showings and open houses. That's what is new on the moving front.

On the kid front...Mya will be 6 months old tomorrow! She is sitting up and pulling her leg up like she wants to crawl when she is on her tummy. She has eaten cereal the last couple nights so that was exciting for us after she refused it for almost 6 weeks straight! I had to water it down a ton in order for her give it a shot. She has also been sleeping better during the day and night. We have decided that Mya will do things when she is ready and not a second earlier. Should be fun when she is a teenager!!

Max is starting to put some words together to form small sentences. Yesterday he was looking for his blanket and came out of his room and said, "I found it" He has also been really fun around Mya lately. In one week he has tried to suck out her nose, clip her finger nails and pick her up to play Rosie (ring around the rosie). I got there in time to stop all three from happening:)

I think the hair cut gods were trying to tell me something, but after 2 canceled appointments, I finally made it to the 3rd one. It didn't come without problems though. The babysitter I had scheduled called 20 min. before my appt. and said her car wouldn't start, so I had to bundle the kids up and take them to a neighbors in order to make it on time. I told the stylist to do something different, so now I have bangs for the first time since high school! I wasn't sure about them at first, but I'm starting to like them more each day. Chris has been really busy trying to keep up with two jobs. Looks like it will be this way for awhile. Enjoy the warm front this week if you live in the Midwest:) Here are a few new pictures.
My three favorite Vikings fans


Max trying on my jewelry


The best picture I have of Mya sitting up.



A video clip of Mya laughing at Max

5 comments:

Julie said...

I LOVE looking at houses--hope you found some fun ones!! Very cute video of the kids.....looks like you have it all under control! :) Love, Julie

wch said...

It's a good time to be buying in Dubuque - lots of houses available and with the 1300 IBM jobs coming to town in the next year house prices will be rising soon. Good luck with the house hunting and selling! Hunting is fun, selling... not so much.

Will H.

Carrie said...

Love the stories about Max "helping" with Mya. Hope the house hunting/selling goes fast and easy!

Kel said...

I'm loving that video of Mya and Max. How adorable! Congrats on Chris' new job and all of your new adventures. I'm loving keeping up with you and the kids, Beth. :)Kelly (Ekedahl)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Love the video of Max making Mya laugh. Very cute.