Sunday, April 26, 2009

Reunion with friends



This weekend we went to Cedar Falls for our friend Adria's 2nd birthday party! *Fortunately it rained so we had the party inside and the kids did great. It was fun to catch up with them and the kids picked up right where they left off...not sharing toys, jumping on the trampoline, running around in circles chasing each other and the whole bit!



When we turned from Hwy 20 onto Hudson Rd. in Cedar Falls, Max said, "Home!" For those of you who don't know where we lived, it's about 2-3 miles from that point to our house, so he definitely knew where we were. We didn't drive by the old house because I didn't want to confuse him. It would have been nice to see some old neighbors, but I want to give Max a little more time away before bringing him back.

*Fortunately b/c we had sod laid on Thursday and we needed it to rain like no other so the timing was perfect.




Update on Mya--she did not weigh 18 lbs. so you will not be seeing a dance posted on this blog. She was a champ yet again...had to get her finger poked twice b/c of a low hemoglobin count and then a blood draw on top of that. She didn't even make a peep for any of those. I almost cry when I get blood drawn, so I was pretty impressed with her. The normal range for hemoglobin is 10.5-12 and Mya was 10.6. The doc said we needed to do some iron drops and then we'll check her again at 12 months. We also think she may be allergic to eggs, so we're going to get her tested right around 12 months before she gets the MMR and Chicken pox vaccines which both contain eggs.

Have a good week everybody!

2 comments:

Kel said...

The trampoline picture is soooo cute! I love the facial expression on the kids. They must have had a very fun time despite the weather. :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Keep us posted on Mya's weight and hemoglobin levels. Do they know what's causing her levels to be low? Looks like you guy's have a huge yard. How fun that you're getting sod. -Kel