Monday, April 13, 2009

What's new with M & M

Max and Mya have been doing some new things around here lately. Here are a few of my favorites.

1. When Max needs my attention, he starts by saying Mama. If that doesn't work it turns into Mommy. Still can't get my attention it turns into MOM and then as a last resort, BEF!!!!!!! That always works when he calls me by my first name. Pretty funny. When he needs daddy's attention and doesn't get it the first time, he resorts to calling him sweetie or babe.

2. Just like her big brother, Mya is really enjoying getting into Chloe's dishes. She won't eat baby food, but she'll eat dog food! Yum. Can't figure out the sippy cup, but can figure out how to drink from the dog dish? Hmmmmm, is she playing me??

3. Max must have seen something on TV about monsters, because now when Mya is crying, he tells me that she's "sared (scared) of monsters"

4. Max has learned to use the phrase, "I woke up" It usually comes out "I waked up" but you know what I mean. However, lately he has been calling me into his room 3-4 minutes into his nap and letting me know that he has "waked up." I think not is my reply.

5. Mya has started clapping. Her coordination isn't the best because she sometimes misses, but it's pretty cute anyway! She is also doing So-Big! She finally figured it out in the car ride home from Easter. I got a great photo of her, but it's on my cell phone and I can't figure out how to download from that yet. I'll post a video when I get one!

4 comments:

Colegrove said...

I love it!!!!!

Diane Johnson said...

Great memories in the making!

Kelly Escorcia said...

I loved your updates. I remember the "I waked up" stages of talking. Sooo very cute and always fun to learn what they're going to say next, Bef. I'm glad to learn that Ava's not the only one that ate dog food either. :-)

The Andersons said...

So cute! I love the updates, your kiddos are really developing! Mya will be walking in no time!!