A few things I learned from my trip to HyVee yesterday:
A. Don't let your 9 1/2 month old daughter hold the shopping list. Especially if you're the type of person who has no idea what is on the list and without it spends 3times as much money.
B. Don't bribe your 2 year old that he can go to the park after the shopping trip if he's good and sits down nicely in the cart when the clouds are threatening rain.
C. Don't trust the seatbelts in the cart. Mya was fastened in and when I turned around from getting something off the shelf, she was facing the other way standing up. I have a picture on my cell phone to prove it.

Here's the picture off of my phone. She is not standing anymore in this picture, but you can get the general idea:)
D. Don't let your dog ride along and leave the windows down for her when it's threatening rain.
Also...do you remember when I told you about the free cookie at HyVee? Well, I recently discovered they give out a free helium hyvee floral shop balloon to anyone that wants. Guess who wants that every time now along with a cookie! You guessed it.



3 comments:
Have you also noticed how each of the three Hy-Vee stores in Dubuque has different food and is arranged slightly differently?? It's very difficult to find stuff if you go to a different Hy-Vee than you're used to, at least so complains Will who does all of our shopping.
Plus, then we have to go to all of them sometimes - this one for the root beer I craved while pregnant, the other one for the tostada shells we like, the third for the almond granola bars I needed while pregnant. Hmm... on second thought, maybe only husbands of pregnant women have to go to all three Hy-Vee stores to complete their shopping list.
I love your fun stories!! I think you probably sleep well at night!! You are preparing me for what's to come, aren't you? At least high schoolers don't think helium balloons are that cool...or do they?! Maybe I am prepared! :) I love to read your updates!
Beth, you crack me up!
FYI-I email myself the pics from my phone in order to load them on my blog. Instead of a phone number in the text line, type in your email address and then choose the "send a pic" option. Hopefully that will work. :)Kel
Post a Comment