Why do I blog about this you ask?? Recently the American Academy of Pediatrics came out with some new recommendations. Kids have to face backwards in their car seats until they are 2 years old AND 35 pounds!! Holy Cow. I have been counting the days until Mya turns 1 and 20 pounds (the old standards) so we could turn her around and hopefully make car rides more enjoyable. At this rate...she'll be facing backwards until she's 6!! Technically, Max should still be facing backwards. Can you imagine? There is no bloody way we are turning him around...he has finally stopped crying when we put him in!!
Apparently it's 5 times safer to have them face backwards. It's hard to argue with those numbers, but this is one time I wish I didn't have a conscience. The pictures I'm putting in do not match the blog. We prefer not to have any evidence of the way they normally act in the car.

**I got this information from Tara Thomas (at KWWL.com) on her blog. Just go to the main page and then click on her blog.



6 comments:
Really?? Can you link to where you found this information? I can't find it anywhere online!
Thanks!
You have got to be kidding me. I might die with the next child!!!
I would like to see this information also.
I went to the American Academy of Pediatrics also and it said they face backwards until at least 1 AND 20 lbs. I think they are suggesting to leave them facing the rear until 2 if possible. I don't know that the law has changed. If you find the law, let me know.
I think Olivia will still be turning around to face forward at one! As a mom of three, I feel sort of rebellious sometimes. Tummy sleeper she was!
Our ped told us that at our last visit too. Makes sense I guess...I feel bad saying this, but I was glad to hear someone elses kids also don't like their car seats!! I feel like everyone else I know says they put them in there to make them fall asleep. We just got back from a 3 1/2 hour car ride. Less than enjoyable....
That picture of Max is classic!
Marie
That's why I drive with my kids in the front seat, if it works for Britney Spears it works for me.
Post a Comment