Today is Mya's 1st birthday! A year ago today I was sitting in the hospital room awaiting my scheduled C-section. Since I had one with Max and didn't wait long enough in between, the doctors thought it would be best to schedule it. Mya was born at 9:36 a.m. She weighed 7 lb 12 oz. We were all shocked at her weight because the doctors thought she was bigger than Max (8-14) which was another reason for the C-section. We didn't find out if she was a boy or a girl and we were both sure it was a boy so that was a big surprise too! We had 4 names picked out if she was a boy and only one for the girl, so she made it easy on us. All of the grandparents were at the hospital so Chris got to run out and tell them the news! We stayed in the hospital 3 days...I would have stayed 2 weeks though:) We had family there for a week to help and then Max went to daycare for 3 weeks after that which was the best money we have ever spent. By the time I had to take care of 2 kids, I felt much better and Max was used to another baby around. It was a pretty crazy time for us, but the good times far outweigh the bad. We are very lucky to have these two rugrats in our lives!
With all of these parties we have been having, it seems like Mya has already had her birthday! Below is a slide show I made last night, but couldn't figure out how to put a title or write a little blurb about it on that post, so it's going to have to be another one! The slide show contains some of my favorite pictures of this past year. I meant for it to just have 10-12 pictures, but when I started to pick out the pictures, I couldn't stop. So....it's a little long. Sorry about that. Hope you enjoy!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, a year already? Where does the time go? (I can't see the slideshow, Beth, sorry.) I bet the pics were great!
Beth , I can't believe Mya is 1 year old already she grew up so fast!!!
(I can't see the slide show but I bet the pictures you picked out were very cute!)
Happy Birthday Mya! The year has gone so fast. Katelyn was 1 on the 16th. We were in Waterloo/CF this past weekend and drove through the old neighborhood. Hope you are having a great summer.
Post a Comment