Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mya's 1st - Dad's post

Daddy's Little Girl... 1 year old already. She can drive me crazy one second and melt me with her smile or kiss the next. Riding in cars and her knack for liking to see us multiple times in the middle of the night are the only things I would wish to change.

I couldn't ask that she be any less determined. Like when she gets the idea in her head that diving into Chloe's water dish and spilling it everywhere would be such fun and will literally climb over, under and around me 20 times trying to get there until I finally give in and just put her dish on the counter. That determination and perserverance will serve her well when she is older.

I couldn't ask her to be any less daring. Like when she decides to dive head first off the couch, climb a flight of stairs before she can really crawl or actually enjoy being tossed up in the air as high as I am comfortable letting her leave my arms. She is learning that taking chances with uncertain outcomes is an important part of life.

I couldn't ask her to be any less caring. Sure, she treats her "baby" like a ragdoll and will chase Max around trying to take him down, but she also hugs that baby like it needs it and gives her brother nice big kisses from time to time. As for me, nowadays she is the first one scurrying to the door to greet me when I get home from work and she gives great hugs. She is a fun loving person and people are attracted to that!

You can learn a lot about someone in a year. It's been fun seeing her explore and learn new things every day. She can be a real pistle, but it's hard to not smile even then.

No comments: