Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Updates



Today Mya turns 16 months and Max turns 32.5 months, so I thought I'd update and do a quick blog about what has been going on around here! Max is saying the funniest things lately. Chris and I laugh all the time. Last weekend when Mya was having a "Holy-Shit-if-you-don't-get-me-out-of this-carseat-right-this instant-I will-definitely-puke" tantrum in the car, we had to pull over and get her out of her seat for a few minutes. When Max asked why she was out of her seat, I explained that she didn't feel good. Not more than 1 minute later, Max claimed he didn't feel good either and needed out of his seat:) This whole ordeal prompted us to ask our doctor if there is anything safe and legal that we can drug Mya with before our 5 hour trip to the twin cities next week. We haven't heard back yet...Hope they're not calling DHS on us:) Max's favorite saying these days is "I don't want...(whatever it is you asked him to do/eat/say, etc.) I try to get him to contradict himself just to get a good laugh. So today at the lunch table we were having leftover chicken and vegetables. I asked him to eat his chicken. He said, "I don't want to eat my chicken". I said, please be done eating. He responded, "I don't want to be done eating." I laughed and them made him eat the chicken:) Chris especially thinks it's funny to get him to say certain things. He'll say: Max, can you say jeez Louise? Max will say, "I don't want to say jeez Louise." It's hilarious to play with a 2 year old's mind:)

Recently while driving in the car Max informed me that he had a tummy ache on his hair. I had no idea how to respond. I assume he had a headache, but I didn't want to even go there so I said, Oh, thanks for telling me. He also answers "um, yeah" a lot...as if he's saying, duh, of course I want that. One more that I can remember right now. He is really enjoying "reading" his books to us. (you know...the ones he has memorized because they have been read 2 million times each) So, he was reading to me while laying down in his bed and I was sitting next to the bed. He then told me that if I covered him up, he could read better. Hmmm, never heard of that, but sure I'll cover him up if it means he'll be a better reader:) Wonder if that will work with his 2nd grade teachers too? I'll keep it in mind...

Mya is still Mya. She is definitely getting a mind of her own and a stronger personality these days. She insists on being the one to feed Chloe and DOES NOT WANT ANY HELP! So, dog food ends up on the floor most days. She loves to keep up with Max in whatever they are doing. Her vocabulary is expanding. After Max has a potty break, she looks in the toilet and says, poop? with a really weird expression on her face. So proud that one of my daughter's first 25 words is poop. She runs for the bathroom whenever the word potty comes up and the other night she was naked and when we said the word potty, she ran into the bathroom, stood right in front of the toilet and peed. We were pretty proud even though it was a big mess to clean up because both kids were in the tiny bathroom at the time.

Mya is starting to show her girly side. She loves to put shoes on...even tiny baby doll shoes that are about 3 inches long. She insists that I put them on her foot and throws a fit when I can't get the shoe to go on there. She also loves my jewelery and purses. She is not so much into getting her hair done though. She takes her barrettes out immediately and hands them to me and says "pretty" Then when I try it again, she takes it out and tries to put it in Chloe's hair. Mya knows her name now. Yes, it is one of the easiest names in the world to say, but it's still pretty cool when she says it. Here's a 10 second video clip.



She does have a really sensitive side as well. She does not like it when Chris or I raise our voices. Even if we are going to yell to the next room to get someone's attention, she gets so scared. She also is comforted by stroking the hair of whoever is holding her. You know when she's tired by the way she grabs your hair right when you pick her up. It's pretty cute to watch her stroke Chris's very short hair. Now, if only they made seat belts that could extend far enough to allow me to lean over her carseat and let her touch my hair when we're on the road:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of investing in a cadaver head for william. You can borrow it for Mya's hair fettish too! OK...I admit that is a little weird. Maybe just a wig.