Today Chris took the plunge and got Lasik eye surgery! He has wanted this for about 10 years. I hate to admit it now, but I think I was a big reason he held back. I really didn't want him to get it done, but now that it's over and he's not blind, I'm all for it! He decided on Wolfe Eye Clinic in Cedar Rapids to do the procedure. They said he was a great candidate because his vision wasn't horrible and he was only near-sighted and not both near and far-sighted. Who knows...they probably tell all their patients that they're great candidates! He can't wait to play tennis and catch a softball and actually see the ball! He wasn't able to wear contacts and glasses and sports don't mix very well:)
The procedure itself was pretty interesting. He told me all about it on the way home. I could attempt to explain it on here, but it would probably be a major flop, so I'm going to have him write a blog in the next couple of days. We go back tomorrow morning for a quick check-up and then he'll be at work in the afternoon with perfect vision! Crazy what a laser can do these days:)
I've had no trouble beating him all these years in tennis, but now that I know his vision is actually correct, I'm a little worried!
Per doctor's orders, he has to wear these glasses for 24 hours after surgery and every night for a week. Per wife's orders, he has to put these on the minute he walks in the door after work for a couple of weeks because the living room resembles a WWF ring many nights around here and the surgery was WAY too expensive to risk Max or Mya (or Chloe) wrecking it!



3 comments:
sweet shades chris.
Love that picture! They told Zach he was also the "perfect candidate." He wants to get done, so we'll consult you when that time comes!! :)
What a wonderful feeling not to have to wear glasses anymore!
Post a Comment