Sunday, June 6, 2010

Garden update

Awhile ago I posted about our new garden venture! We are starting to get some produce and it's so much fun! Here's an updated picture of how things are looking. Right now we have lettuce (not doing very well) brocoli, onions and green beans in one bed. In the other one there are 2 tomato plants, 4 pepper plants, carrots and cucumbers. We also have 4 raspberry bushes which I'm looking forward to the most! Come the beginning of July to my house and it will be like a farmers market!






Our other big lawn/garden thing going on right now is that we finally caved and bought a John Deere riding lawn mower! 2 weeks ago I mowed and it took 2.5 hours. Then later that night Chris mowed the neighbor's yard who were out of town with their rider and that whole thing took him 22 minutes. The next day we went out and bought one:) It finally arrived yesterday so Chris mowed ours and the next door neighbor's yard in under an hour. Totally worth it to me!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Your garden looks great! Who has been out there weeding so much??!! I also caved and we now have a riding lawn mower! Tony is sooooo excited about that!

Kel said...

That is a stunning garden! I am VERY jealous! I do not have the "green thumb" gene. Chad says he agrees about the rider...less time doing work, and the more time you have to play with your family!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Your garden is awesome! Good job keeping everything growing and green! (that would be hard for me) And what a great family project!