Eventually we are all going to turn into our parents. I just didn't think it would happen at 2:06 am on a Wednesday morning when I was 30:) Sure...I have been noticing some tendencies that remind me so much of my mom. Like how we cancelled our netflix subscription because it took us 2 weeks to watch a movie and every time we did, I was folding laundry or trying to get something else done. If I didn't have anything to do, I was asleep in the first 10 minutes. Totally my mom. Last Saturday night we were in the Quad Cities during the thunderstorm. What was I worried about? My flowers and my garden. Never in a million years would I have imagined I'd be worried about flowers during a storm. My mom would rather sleep on the mattress and use her sheets to cover her flowers than take a chance on her flowers getting ruined during a frost. I've also been taking pictures of my flowers lately. Something I have made fun of her for years about!
What happened last night put me over the edge. I woke up at 2:06 and instead of rolling over and going back to sleep, I started thinking about the things I needed to get done. So...I got up and filled the dishwasher with some cups and ran it. I knew this morning the kids would want their milk/juice fix and we didn't have any clean cups. I also went and got a loaf of bread out of the freezer so Max could have his toast this morning. My mom used to actually do laundry through the night so we'd have that special pair of jeans or uniform clean the next morning.
Now...if only I could golf like her, get up and work out at 5:30am, and have her patience I'd be set! Here are a few pictures of her and Maxwell working in her flowers earlier this spring. She made sure the kids each had their own garden gloves and other garden tools because helping is their favorite thing to do!


2 comments:
I am a lot like my mom with flowers now too! I don't actually garden, but I love to make my house exterior look nice with the landscaping and flowers sitting around. I also look in the mirror and see my mom more and more!!
Thanks for the nice post! Hope you continue to be reminded of my better qualities!
Post a Comment