Friday, June 11, 2010

My little tennis stars....almost:)

Max has become more and more interested in tennis lately. We took him to the courts while in Decorah a few weeks ago and he seemed to really like it. So, I went out and bought some big foam tennis balls that go a lot slower than the real deal and we headed out to the courts. Mya just ran around collecting balls and whining that I wouldn't pick her up. Max did pretty well for about 15 minutes and then he realized we were at the park and he wanted to play on the slide instead. I think he was sick of picking up balls and saying "bounce, hit" too! So..it was short lived, but worth it nonetheless. Hopefully he'll want to keep going back!



2 comments:

Brian Thomas said...

Cute! I love the photos of your little tennis stars, especially the one of Mya in her little pony tail! :) Looks like they will have some tennis skills in no time :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Adorable pictures even if the kids weren't super into the whole playing tennis part yet. Sounds like Max was interested for awhile though. That's great! Sitting down tonight and going through everyone's blog posts (finally) made me realize how much I really enjoy keeping up with distance friends through our blogs, but I must say Beth, I have really missed reading all your fun posts. You always make me laugh. I have been overwhelmingly busy and haven't had the chance to keep up with your posts until tonight and it was such a treat for me to catch up on all your stories and wonderful pictures. I loved many of them especially the one about you turning into your mom (I can totally relate). Your picturs of the kids doing fun summer activities are great, the water slides and Chris on is new lawn mower and mother's day. So fun! Kel