Today Max is 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days old. (see side ticker...I don't keep track of these things:) Since I haven't done a Maxwell update in awhile, I thought today would be fitting!
This little guy is growing up. He is at a wonderful age and 99% of the time I love to be around him. He's saying some really cute phrases and some of his baby stuff is not being said as much. I'm still hanging onto disinor (dinosaur) hangerber (hamburger) and alligator (elevator) He's starting to sing songs all the time. Not knowing the words doesn't stop him either. You can often hear: "papa...papa...paparazi" around this house. Max is also adding big kid words like probably and actually to his sentences. Usually I just bust out laughing when he says stuff like..."I probably shouldn't go to sleep right now because my feelings are hurt and I actually have a headache". (this one was just said not more than 10 minutes ago!)
Max is annoyed with Mya a lot of the time, but he also wants her to play with him, watch him and follow him around. She's starting to understand his requests so they're playing together much better these days. He definitely plays the big brother role with her. The other day we were coming in from getting groceries and I closed the garage door while they were still in the garage. Even though they were way up by the door, he stopped, grabbed Mya's arm and didn't let go until it went down all the way. He was afraid she would try to go under the door! Nearly brought tears to my eyes.
He's also super good at turning on the guilt trips. Common quotes these days are..."That's not fair" "I never get to do..." and "How come Mya doesn't have to..(fill in the blank)." Recently he spent nearly the entire weekend with my sister up in Decorah. She took him to Dunning Springs, Palisades, Ice Cave, Wal-Mart, The Whippy Dip, played outside, etc. When she went to leave Sunday morning Max told her he was sad he didn't get to see her much!!! Such a stinker:)
He's back to taking naps nearly every day since we're outside so much and up a little later at night. This means I'm back to taking naps too...yippee!! His biggest loves continue to be playing outside with his friends, sippy cups of milk, his blanket, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, mac-n-cheese, helping daddy and constantly asking me what we're going to do next! Definitely keeps me on my toes:)



3 comments:
Soooooooo jealous of the naps :) Hope to see you in July in D-town!?
What a great update! Mallory just used the word "actually" the other day too! Pretty sure she has no idea what it means! :) Max seems so fun--I've got to meet the little man sometime! Hooray for summer naps!
Cute post about Max and his updates. I love that he's saying big boy sentences but holding onto the cute words (it's hard not to love the cute words). I'm totally jealous that Max went to the Whippy Dip with his Aunt and you definitely need to get a video of Max singing paparazi. Cute.
Post a Comment