Tuesday, June 15, 2010

kid talk

Maxwell has been saying some really funny things lately. This past weekend we were in the car going to the twin cities and he told me he had meat balls on his legs. I had no clue what he meant, but then figured out a little while later it was goose bumps! Chris's parents have an ever popular ping pong table in their basement. We kept taking turns taking him downstairs so he could "play" which consists of him hitting the ball once and then chasing it all over the basement. After he missed the ball he would say "volleyball"! I have no idea why, but it was funny:) He has also started to "parent" Mya. When she was having a crying fit recently, he told her she needed to "take a deep bref."

The twins I used to babysit for are turning 18 this summer (makes me feel really old) and are in town for a few weeks to swim at Loras. They're staying here in between all of the swimming sessions. Hannah and MK arrived with lots of food and drinks to get them through the week and most of it was new to my kiddos. (pop tarts, sugar cereals, twizzlers, swedish fish, gatorade, etc.) Max decided this morning that he wanted a pop tart for breakfast. He couldn't think of the word,so he asked for a "pop goes the weasel" I guess it was the first thing to "pop" into his head! He also loved the introduction of gatorade. When he wanted one he asked for a "gatorade-er-nader" We laughed pretty hard. They're going to be here for about 3 weeks total so I'm guessing this is just the start of what Max and Mya will be exposed to:)

No comments: