Happy 2nd birthday to my little girl. I think it's safe to say that these last two years have been the fastest 2 years of my life. When I called recently for your 2 year well child check I told the nurse I needed to schedule a 1 year check for you. Wasn't until I told her your birth date that she told me it was a 2 year check!!
You are definitely one of a kind. Typically your days start around 6:30. Unlike your brother, it's nearly impossible to get you to go back to sleep even if you woke up on the wrong side of the crib. We usually bring you into our bed to try to get a few more minutes rest, but "rest" is apparently not in your vocabulary. Instead...jump, kick, bounce, hide under the covers, ask for juice one million times over, and talk really loud are the only things on your mind at this time. You nap around 1pm for an hour to an hour and a half most days and wake up happy 50% of the time. The other 50% requires Max and I leaving your room and letting you wake up in a better mood a little while later. Bedtime is around 7 pm which is a lifesaver to us. Your dad is much better at putting you to bed than I am, so that's usually the route we take.
Babies, purses, strollers, shoes, keys, money and chapstick continue to be your highlight as far as "toys" go. You're starting to want to color/write more and more. Every time you write, you want me to come and look at the "B" you're making. I think you're listening to me work with Max on his letters and you see the attention he gets so you decided to copycat! Learning to color on paper has been an issue for you as I think you'd rather color on anything else. Your skin, the wood floor, the underside of the kitchen table, and books are a few of your favorites. You can match colors, but if I ask you what color something is, it's always green or yellow. I'm wondering if your dad secretly taught you that so you'd always answer with John Deere colors!
As far as stats and other fun tidbits...I think you weigh around 24 lbs and are 33" inches long. You wear size 6 wide shoes, are still sleeping in the crib, wearing size 4 diapers and 18-24 month clothes, drinking 2% milk, sporting some major curls, still struggling with some eczema issues, don't mind your hair in pony tails, love to have your fingers and toes painted, going potty on the potty 3-4 times a day, ask "why" all the time, saying lots of 1-2 word phrases, and you can count to 10 sans #8.
Some of my favorite things about you are the way you open your mouth as wide as it can possibly go when you're really excited about something. I love the way you run, the way you hit the kids' heads so hard when you're about to say "goose" in duck duck goose, how excited you are to see "Mat" in the morning, how excited you are to see a puppy until it comes within 3 feet of you, the way you still play with my hair when you're tired, and the way you yell "MAMA" at the top of your lungs when you're ready to get out of your crib in the morning or after naps,
I could live without your tantrums when we have to come inside or I take something away from you. I could live without you knowing how to take your diaper off. I could live without you crying the entire time a babysitter is here, I could live without you taking your shoes off EVERY time we get in the car...even if it's to drive 2 minutes to the park. I could live without you taking my pony tails out every time I'm wearing one because you can't play with my hair when it's in a pony. But in the end...these things are just phases that we know will soon pass and honestly I'll probably even miss some of these phases! There will come a day when you no longer want me to hold you and then I'll wish you'd take my ponytail out to play with my hair!
You are definitely Miss Independent. Sometimes this drives me crazy, but most of the times it works to my advantage. You have learned to put your own shoes on and because of this..Max can now do it too! In one day I went from putting 2 kids shoes on to zero!! You can put your pants/shorts on if I lay them out in the right direction for you. You can get yourself into the car seat and buckle the top part. You don't need any help at Jumpin' Janes or at the park anymore!
We love you Mya and are so happy you became part of our family 2 years ago!
Love, Mommy
July 18, 2008
July 18, 2009
July 18, 2010



2 comments:
What a fantastic post Beth! You're right - these last two years have been the fastest in my life too! Someday we will be wishing for our little girls again! :)
Happy Birthday little Mya! :) I would love if you came and took out my pony and played with my hair...can't get Mal to do it for the life of me! :) Sounds like you are a mature 2 year old....and you have a really good mommy.
Post a Comment