Friday night Chris and I enjoyed an adult night out on the Mississippi River with our neighbors. We boated down to Galena and ate dinner at the Sunset Grill at Chestnut Mountain. We rode the chair lift up and then rode the Alpine Slide down. For those of you who know me well..the alpine slide didn't go over too well with me. I thought it was the biggest waste of $8 and really wish I would have just walked down the mountain. I pretty much rode the brake down the entire time...evidenced by the fact that Brett Errthum started 30 seconds after me and was nudging me at the end! We had a couple babysitters here with the neighbor kids and ours and it went really well. I was pretty nervous about Mya because recently her and I have become really tight and she's not too anxious to be around new people! Max of course loved it and couldn't stop talking about Kat and Molly the next day!
I'm told the view of the Mississippi was awesome as you rode up the chair lift. I was too busy hanging on and closing my eyes.
Saturday Chris spent most of the day staining the deck. After about 2 minutes of Max "helping" he decided it was just a daddy job which broke Max's heart, but was for the best:) Saturday night we went down to watch the Air Show at the river walk. It wasn't where all the action was taking place, but we were able to see most of it and didn't have to fight the crowds with parking and everything. The kids didn't really watch the air show...they just ran around with William the whole time being crazy. Chris loved it and we both agreed that we felt more like "Dubuquers" after the show:)
Max helping with the deck for the 2 minutes that it lasted.
Mya enjoying the views on the River Walk doing her best to avoid being in the stroller.
Sunday my parents came down for the day and we had the All-American meal on America's birthday...brats/hot dogs, pasta salad, chips and dessert! Max and Mya helped me make a fruit pizza that they loved making, but had no interest in eating. Then, Sunday night we got invited to the Country Club here in town for their dinner and fireworks show. Unfortunately, the rain started just after they got everything set up for the big show so we ended up watching them at 8:00 in the daylight from under an awning. Neither kid really enjoyed them. Chris had to constantly tell Max to look up and watch as he was more interested in the kids jumping in the puddles! Mya just buried her head in my shoulder and kept asking for daddy. Maybe next year...:)
Today we were going to go down to the new Mississippi River Museum, but it was raining and the lines were too long. Since we're members, we decided we could go anytime and didn't want to mess with the crowds. So...we went bowling instead and the kids loved it as usual.
Have a good (short) week everyone!



1 comment:
Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I adore that pic of Mya on the River Walk! Her hair is BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment