Thursday, September 2, 2010

3 1/2 and a Q & A

Tomorrow my little man Maxwell turns 3 1/2! It's going to be a big deal for him because ever since Mya turned 2, he has been wanting to be something other than 3! He starts school next Thursday and boy is he ready. Today he was riding his bike around with his backpack on!




I sat down with him today while Mya was napping and asked him some questions. Here are his responses. I wish I would have prepped more because I think I could have come up with better questions, but this will have to do for the first installment of the Max and Mommy Q&A.

(questions in bold, his answers in regular type and my comments in italics)

What do you think school will be like? I think I will play with my friends and eat lunch there. (haven't told him yet that he won't be eating lunch there)

Are you excited about going to school? Yes because of my Spiderman backpack.

What do you think about Mya? Me and Mya gots married.

What's your favorite color? Orange and blue

How old are you? 3 and a HALF! But I'm not 4.

What is your favorite thing to do when we're outside? play with my trucks and kickball. (not sure what trucks he's talking about. haven't seen him play with trucks outside for months, but oh well)

what is your favorite thing to eat? "vegables" (this was not prompted, I promise)



What is your favorite thing to drink? Milk. only milk.

What is your favorite book to read? How do "dysinors" eat all their food.

Why is that your favorite book? Cause I want to.

Do you like to watch TV? Yeah.

What's your favorite show to watch? Curious George

Do you like riding in the van with Mya? yeah, but not when she cries and takes my toys and won't give them back.

What do you want to do today? Play with somebody after Jake's school. (he waits by the window daily for the bus to drop the kids off so he can play...it's pretty cute)

Did you have a good summer? What's summer?

If you could have anything in the world, what would it be? I wish I could have spiderman socks.

What do you want to be when you grow up? A fire chief or a worker.

Do you like to play tennis? Yeah...can we go to the park to play tennis? I want to play tennis right now.

What's your favorite kind of ice cream? Brown

How do you spell your name? M-A-X Max.

Do you like your mommy better than your daddy?? (just kidding...I did not ask this:)

6 comments:

Grandma Huinker said...

Carrots from the first Hoden Vegetable Garden?? Our lil' Max has grown up!

Beth said...

That's funny! My Kindergartners are always quick to tell me they are 5 1/2...not just 5!!! Yay, Max!!!

Julie said...

I love this idea! Those answers are so awesome. Hope school goes well!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!! Me and Mya gots married - hilarious!

Kel said...

You really have the best blog entries! I love this one a lot. :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Oh, I just loved the Q & A with Max and I just loved his answers too. What a big boy who is so ready for school! Kelly