Monday, September 6, 2010

Big Milestone

I've blogged about lots of milestones with my kids, but this weekend we were able to witness a milestone of a different level. Chris's grandparents Bill and Bev celebrated 60 years of marriage! I've said it before, but these two are truly an inspiration to Chris and I. I'm convinced they keep each other going strong with their love and humor. Bev's first comment to me was "Can you believe I've slept with the same man for 60 years?"

We had a lovely dinner in Eagan on Saturday night. Lucky for us, we were in a separate room so it wasn't a complete disaster when Max nearly took out a server and when Mya face-planted off her booster seat onto the wood floor. The food was delicious and the company even better.

The family dinner for their 50th anniversary included 12 people. For their 60th anniversary it jumped to 20 people in the immediate family. Wonder how many people will be at their 70th??? I did a little research (via google of course) on the odds of a couple making it to their 60th wedding anniversary and came up with 4% of couples make it to 60 years together. It's a pretty big deal! Bev and Bill--thanks so much for being role models for us. We are so happy we were able to celebrate this milestone with you!



No comments: