In keeping with tradition, we went to PetCo tonight to get Chloe her birthday presents. She got to look through the aisle and pick out some treats and a toy. We also had to get her some food and this time we got her Iams Low Calorie food per the vet's request. Apparently Chloe is 8 lbs overweight (aren't we all??) and won't live to her full life potential unless we get her to around 62 lbs. So...we've cut down on the amount of food we give her and we're trying to lessen the treats throughout the day.

Last year we made a cake and shared some with her, but I didn't think that was in the diet plan this year, so we changed it up a little bit. I looked up a recipe for healthy dog treats online and found one that had powdered milk in it. I don't have that, so then I looked up what I could replace the powdered milk with. I followed the Internet and it failed me miserably. The treats were a total failure and we didn't even get to use our bone-shaped-cookie-cut-out. Oh well...Chloe still got to lick out of the bowl which was probably just as good as the actual treats.
She continues to be a great dog/puppy. Yes...at 6 yrs old we still see some puppy in her on a day to day basis. She loves to chew...mostly the kids' toys, soccer balls, juice boxes, diapers, beanie babies, used napkins off your lap, and Mya's clothes that have aquafor on them:) Chloe still sleeps with Max, either on the floor or up on his bed when the weather gets cold. The big break through for Mya is that she actually calls her Chloe now instead of E-O. She's been able to say Chloe for awhile now, but I think it was a habit to call her the wrong name so it kind of stuck until we kept making her say it right. If you're interested in this year's rendition of Happy Birthday you can see video below. If you're interested in last year's...click here.



2 comments:
Such sweet videos! We need to do this...I don't think I can tell you our dog's birthdays without looking at their papers! Looks like she is a great dog.
Happy Birthday Chloe...you are the best dog ever! And thank you, Beth, for sharing her day with us.
Linda
Post a Comment