Wednesday, April 11, 2012

5 months!

Man, the grandparents have to be loving this week! 3 posts in 3 days is a new record!

Anyway...Ivy turned 5 months old today! I'm running out of energy as it's 9:50pm and I'm sitting down to do this so it will be a short one! 5 fun facts about our little Ivster:)

1. She has no personal space issues when it comes to her sister. She absolutely lights up when Mya gets right.in.her.face. She even laughs...sometimes it's a belly laugh. Chris and I were initially telling Mya to back up...no one wants someone to be that close, but now we just look at each other and laugh because Ivy actually loves it. Mya can get her to laugh more than anyone...in fact I'm not even sure I've ever gotten her to laugh.

2. She does have personal space issues when it comes to eating and to Chris and I cuddling her at night. She puts up an "arm-bar" when she's nursing. Basically she gets as close to me as she has to in order to get food, but not close enough to be snuggling me. She's pretty much the stark opposite of our other two when it comes to cuddling before bed. She wants nothing of it. When she's done eating and I want to just rock her for a few minutes, she's really fussy and turning her face back and forth into me and crying/whining. When we lay her down, she's perfectly content. 90% of the time this works out just fine because we have two other hooligans to deal with, but there are times I really wish she would just cuddle up with me!

3. She has discovered her toes and her voice this month. Both of which are adorable.

4. She is very into toys and loves more than anything to pull the toys off of her bouncy seat. Max and Mya are still in the stage where they think it's fun to put them all back on for her, but I'm guessing it will get old here soon.

5. She hates the sun being in her eyes more than anything. She violently thrashes her head around whenever she gets the sun in her eyes. I'm hoping that improves a bit as we will be outside a lot these next few months! I'm not asking her to look straight into the sun for hours on end, but just for a few seconds as I turn the stroller!

She has definitely fit into this family very well. While it has just been 5 months, it feels like she has been here forever:)

4 comments:

Kelly Escorcia said...

So precious and what a beautiful little girl. Wow 5 months went fast. I love that she adores Mya being in her personal space.

Linda said...

The grandparents in Minnesota are loving the blogs. We would like to see them every day, but try to understand it isn't always about us. All 3 children are awesome...smart, cute ,perfect.

Linda said...

The grandparents in Minnesota are loving the blogs. We would like to see them every day, but try to understand it isn't always about us. All 3 children are awesome...smart, cute ,perfect.

Grandma Pat said...

These grandparents would agree -- GREAT little kiddos!

And the blog pictures usually create a new screensaver for me!