Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend in Review!

We had a wonderful Easter weekend! Here are some of the highlights!

Chris had Friday off so I took advantage and got a pedicure! While I was sitting there, I got a text message from Chris that said "Someone can ride without training wheels!" I was so excited to get home and see Max on his big boy bike! (more on that in another post) Later in the afternoon we had a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. Here's a picture of the kiddos minus Ivy (who looked too cozy in her car seat to take her out for a picture) and Maggie (who was throwing up:()



Saturday's trip to Decorah was a breeze. We made it in record time and Ivy was a total champ. Max and Mya are starting to get better at the game "See who can be quiet for the longest".

Easter Egg Hunt #2 had to be moved indoors because of some rain on Saturday afternoon. Max, Mya, Olivia and Grace had a blast finding the eggs in Brian and Amanda's basement and I have to say I probably had equally as much fun hiding them!

We had a delicious meal at Brian and Amanda's on Saturday night and the kids were exhausted enough to go right to bed with no complaints! My dad and I spent our Saturday night whooping up on Chris and my mom in 500! I think we'll have to split up next time because it's just too unfair:)

Church Sunday morning was a huge success. We didn't have a reserved pew this time so we had to go 30 minutes early with 5 kids 5 and under and they did wonderful! It helped that my cousins Kylie and Kelsey entertained them from the row in front of us:) We gave them all an "A+" because nobody had to leave church and no one had to have a snack!







The last minute Easter dress shopping I did actually worked out! I went shopping Thursday hoping to find 4 matching dresses in 3 different sizes. I ended up with 4 matching dresses in the right size for $40! Max wore a suit my sister bought him 2 years ago at Target. I took the tags off Sunday morning and she paid $6.40 for the entire suit! All 5 kids were dressed for less than $50! I love me a good deal:) The picture below was the best one we could get of the 4 girls...maybe someday we will be able to get a decent picture of the 5 of them together!



My mom made a fabulous Easter dinner that we all enjoyed. Ivy was such a champ and got passed around to so many people the entire weekend and never complained! She didn't take a nap longer than 45 minutes all weekend, but you never would have known. She was a total rock star.



Easter Egg #3 was the best one. My aunt Kathy brought my Grandma over to my parents house from the nursing home and also brought my Great-Aunt Katie along. Katie had never met my kids so it was wonderful to see her, and my Grandma got to see the kids running all over the yard hunting for eggs. She had a smile on her face the entire time she was there.



Below are a couple of my other favorites from yesterday!


6 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like you had a really good time.

Linda said...

Looks like you had a really good time.

Julie said...

Your neighborhood sounds like the best! I would like to live there! And I LOVE your deals on the Easter outfits....woo too! Looks like a fun time...and lots of cute kiddies in there!

Katie said...

Great picts of the kids and I'm so impressed on your family picture too! Love it! Egg hunts are my new favorite thing, it's amazing how much the kids love them and how entertaining it is for the rest of us! :)

ahuinker said...

Great post, Beth - I'm working on editing my Easter pics now - will forward any additional good ones to you.

Kelly Escorcia said...

Beautiful matching dresses and what a great find for $40. Cute family pictures and Glad you guys had a great Easter with family and several egg hunts. P.S. Wootwoot for a pedicure on Friday too.