Ivy Anne is 6 months old today! Here's a run down of what has been going on with her the last month!
Unfortunately she had her first ear infection a few weeks ago. The only reason I took her in was because she was barfing after each feeding and it was more than just spit up. When Max was going through all of his ear trouble, that's exactly when I knew he had an ear infection too. She wasn't really fussy, but was getting up multiple times at night. She wasn't a fan of the bubble gum flavored antibiotic, but she took it nonetheless. We're not entirely positive that it has cleared up, but her 6 month appt. is May 21st, so we'll check her ears then!
I think Ivy is the most active 6 month old who doesn't move in the history of 6 month old babies. She is constantly moving and reaching for something. Her favorite things are whatever you're eating along with the plate, cup, napkin, fork, spoon, etc. She also loves paper and plastic bags. When I'm shopping with her in the baby bjorn and I have my list, she is obsessed with trying to get the list and suck on it! When she can't reach something she wants or when someone takes it away, her little arms just shake! Sometimes she squeals just to see if she can get it back and sometimes she is distracted by something else. She can roll over, but just doesn't choose to do it. She might roll over once a week and we usually don't even see it. I just find her on the back when I put her on the tummy and vice versa. I think a lot of the reason she doesn't move is because she doesn't have motivation to move! She has a couple of siblings who pretty much cater to her every need:) She is close to sitting up, but then again I said that a few weeks ago and I haven't seen much improvement so I'm not sure when she will be sitting up!
Some stats and tidbits...she weighs a little over 15 pounds, wears size 3 diapers, wears size 6-9 month clothes, loves to take a bath, puts her feet in her mouth on a very regular basis, still prefers to be completely swaddled to sleep although we are trying to ween her from that, wakes up every night between 1:47AM and 1:50AM, is kind of a bear to put down to sleep at night, but really easy during the day, laughs when someone jumps out to try to scare her, sweats easily, likes to swing outside, is typically really good in the car on the way to school and back, smiles at strangers, has a death grip that has brought Max and Mya to tears (hair, skin, etc.)She loves to eat food and gags when she's all done, is very distrated when nursing so we have to be in another room now, and does really well with a bottle.
Can't believe she's halfway to 1! Time is really flying, but I do feel like we are all enjoying her so much and not wishing the time away. Chris keeps telling me that there will be a day when we all sleep again:)
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
She is soooo cute! I can't wait to hold her!
She is just so darn cute!
Post a Comment