Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DWTS--Mya style

On Wednesday afternoons the last few weeks, Mya and I have enjoyed Ivy's nap time by watching Monday and Tuesday's episodes of Dancing with the Stars together! She is in tap/ballet this fall and absolutely loves it. They had open viewing for parents a couple of weeks ago so Chris and I went to see what this dance thing was all about and we're still not really sure! It doesn't really matter though because Mya loves every minute of it.

Anyway...back to Dancing with the Stars. Each week it starts with her sitting by me on the couch and it ends with her in total dancing get-up, striking poses and watching herself dance in the reflection of the fireplace glass! Today her outfit consisted of 2 skirts...one on top and one on the bottom! She has also been obsessed with getting her ears pierced lately so you will notice that she has my earrings in her ears...pretending that she has her ears pierced:) We're working on her daddy to allow her to get them pierced, but he's not budging!




I've mentioned this before, but one of my favorite things about Mya is her ability to pull off girly-girl and tomboy all at the same time. Last night before dance class, the neighbor came to the door to see if she and Max could play. So out they went shooting baskets. Mya was playing ball in her leotard with a tu-tu! Wish I would have snapped a pic!

4 comments:

ahuinker said...

Oh Miss Mya - I love your sparkly personality! Livy has been asking constantly when we're going to Dubuque to see you, and she's been working really hard on cartwheels - you were her inspiration! Love you, kiddo.

Kel said...

HA! I love her. She is just the cutest. Lainey and Mya would definitely be great playmates. We have a lot of dancing going on over here, too!

Tracy said...

So cute. Tell Chris just to give in on the ear piercing! :) I love the girly/tomboy thing about Adria too! She can play with the boys and still be all girl!

Kelly Escorcia said...

Love it!