Tuesday, March 4, 2014

7 years old!

Dear Maxwell David,

Yesterday was your 7th birthday! We had a little party with 8 of your buddies on Sunday at the tennis club and you loved every second of it. We are pretty proud of the little guy you've become. Here's a little about you at 7 years old.

You are a very easy going kid. If I have to sacrifice one kid to take the cup no one else wants, the piece of burnt toast, the seat in the car that has the worst view of the tv, I usually pick you. Because typically, you don't really mind. I try to reward you for being like that too when we let you stay up a little later than the girls and let you keep a stash of girl scout cookies in your special drawer:) You are always thinking of others and you have a very soft heart. There's a chance you're better at talking to adults than most adults.

At this time, you're still dead set on being a pro football player when you get older. Even though we have never really exposed you to the sport! After you retire from the NFL, you say you want to be a spy or a janitor. I'm going to put my money on you being some sort of engineer or someone who deals a lot with money. The idea of creating new things and selling them really interests you. At Christmas time you wanted me to make a bunch of cookies and then walk around to the neighbors and sell them! I had to explain that at Christmas time we make cookies for neighbors as gifts, not to sell:) I am so so tired of all the cardboard that gets dragged out of the recycling bin, the tape, scissors, construction paper, markers, staplers, etc. that are all over my house, but I know someday it will all be worth it. Besides being creative with crafts, playing with friends and the iPad are your favorite things to do these days. Right now you're big into Hay Day and Minecraft.

You are very active and want to do everything. I think you're over committed the way it is, but it seems like at least once a week you ask me if you can do something else! You are really liking basketball and we've seen you improve immensely since the first week. You now know the difference between defense and offense and you are figuring everything else out too including how to give yourself a mohawk during halftime in the drinking fountain.

For some stats...you're 50 pounds, 46 inches. you wear size 13.5/1 shoe, size 6/7 slim pants and size 7 shirts. You have lost 8 teeth (9 if you count the extra tooth that was surgically removed) The permanent teeth that have come in are quite large and we've already had a visit to the orthodontist to see what in the world we're going to do with your teeth and jaw in the coming years! You are still a comfy clothes kind of guy and quite possibly the messiest eater and drinker around. Speaking of eating..you are an excellent eater. If I would let you, you'd eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a second dinner each night. Eggs are about the only thing that you won't eat and for some strange reason you don't really like mashed potatoes. Milk is still your drink of choice. We've let you try pop, but you're not really a fan...unlike both of your sisters:)

You are doing really well at school. You are a strong reader and love to do math. Writing stories is one of your favorite things to do and I have several saved in your storage bin....mostly because if I ever need a good laugh, I'll know where to go:) Right now you're enjoying books that involve dogs and cats the most. Last week you came home with an award because you showed good character by stopping to pick up some trash that had fallen out of a garbage can without anyone asking you. I'd say your friends at school are 50/50 boys and girls. You average eating school lunch 3-4 days a week and I pack it for you the other days.

You still have your beloved blankie that you sleep with and occasionally have around the house. Whenever we ask you if you're ready to give it up, you are very quick to answer NO! You still require some ice water in your bed, but don't really have any specific stuffed animals that sleep with you anymore. You're still sharing a room with Mya, but not for long. When we move to Canada, you'll get your own room and the girls will share. You're pretty excited about your new sports themed room complete with a Peyton Manning fathead.

Your daddy and I are so lucky to be your parents. You make my heart melt all the time and I'm so thankful that you are mine:)

Love, Mommy


March 3rd, 2007


March 3rd, 2008


March 3rd, 2009


March 3rd, 2010


March 3rd, 2011


March 3rd, 2012


March 3rd, 2013


March 3rd, 2014

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fine young man!! We love you Max.

Tony & Tara said...

Couldn't have said it better, mom

Tony & Tara said...

Love you Max!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Max, how are your 7 years old already???

Cassie said...

Love that kid! What a wonderful description of him. Always look forward to these posts!