One of Chris's co-workers sent him a handy spelling guide with all of the differences between American and Canadian English. Here are a few that are going to take some getting used to!
Canadian spelling in bold (I couldn't get this spaced any better for some reason!
CENTIMETRE CENTIMETER
COLOUR COLOR
FAVOURITE FAVORITE
KILOMETRE KILOMETER
LICENCE LICENSE
MOUSTACHE MUSTACHE
SCEPTICAL SKEPTICAL
DEFENCE DEFENSE
THEATRE THEATER
CENTRE CENTER
CHEQUE CHECK
FAVOUR FAVOR
GREY GRAY
CANCELLED CANCELED
MOULD MOLD
SCEPTICAL SKEPTICAL
FIBRE FIBER
FLAVOUR FLAVOR
TRAVELLER TRAVELER
OFFENCE OFFENSE
Let's just say I'm not expecting 100% on the kids' spelling tests right away!
Also, as of last Friday, we are officially renters in Edmonton! It was a crazy, stressful process, but our patience and persistence paid off and we are really happy with how it all turned out. Here's a picture of our new place. Chris will be moving in next week (with basically 2 suitcases!!) so I'll post more pictures when he sends them to me!

And no, it's not a town home. That's just how close the houses are together up there! And the sold sign is from the previous owner...we are renting from them:)



1 comment:
I can't wait to visit! And I won't be shy to tell them (the Canadians) that they are spelling the word wrong!
Post a Comment