Monday, March 17, 2014

Random update!

Wow....those two weeks got away from me! I guess we've been a little busy around here and the blog has gotten pushed aside:) Chris is home this week and the kids are on spring break so I hope to get back on track. Here's an update on what we've been up to the last two weeks.

Max's birthday celebration started out on Sunday March 2nd with a birthday party at the tennis club where I work. He invited 8 friends of his. They had a great time playing tennis, eating cookie cake and drinking gatorade!



Later Sunday night, Tara called to wish Max a happy birthday from Japan. Since it was already Monday morning there she had her kindergarten class sing to him over FaceTime. It was pretty neat and Max kept talking about it the rest of the night. He even had some ideas for what Tara should be doing in her classroom:)




A couple of weekends ago the kids and I drove to Cedar Rapids for the day to see a couple of college friends of mine. (Emily and Kindel and their families!) It was so fun to get the kids together. The 6 big kiddos (3 boys and 3 girls) are all within 2 years (to the day actually) of each other so they had a ton of fun playing outside, playing games, going to the batting cages, putting on dance routines, etc. Who knows...maybe they'll all be at Luther someday:)





Monday March 10th the kids had their final performance at the Bell Tower Theater. They performed two short plays. One was a penguin story and the other was Humpty Dumpty. They each played a penguin in the 1st play and the 2nd play Mya was a soldier and Max was a police officer. Since Chris was out of town, I enlisted the help of MK and Mike to keep my 2 year old at bay and video tape so I could attempt to watch!





My birthday started out with a bunch of friends coming over to watch the Bachelor finale with me! The show ended up being horrible, but at least I had good company....and good cake! My friend Emily texted me the next day on my actual birthday and said her present to me was not having to watch Juan Pablo anymore! One of my friends posted this the next day on instagram:)



Birthday party part 2! My neighbors had me and the kiddos over Wednesday night for dinner and cake. They grilled burgers and it made me realllllly want spring to hurry up and get here! So thankful for good neighbors.





Walking in and seeing this kind of stuff just melts my heart!


Our neighbor Maggie came over after school one day last week and they wanted my phone so they could take some pictures...this is what I saw. That girl can jump!



I have no idea on this one...found it on my phone:)


I got my camera back out after a long break and took some casual maternity shots for a good friend of mine who is having #3 any day now! It was really fun to get back at it. Here's one that I took off of my computer screen so the quality is bad, but you get the idea:)



Next up: Wisconsin Dells trip and we are officially renters in Canada!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! You are blessed with awesome friends in Dubuque, and soon to be awesome friends in Canada I'm sure! :) Thanks for the fun updates…maybe all our kids will end up at Luther! :) If I have 200,000 saved by then! :)

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! You are blessed with awesome friends in Dubuque, and soon to be awesome friends in Canada I'm sure! :) Thanks for the fun updates…maybe all our kids will end up at Luther! :) If I have 200,000 saved by then! :)

Cassie said...

Oh my! Just catching up on your blog (I am so behind on mine!). Great as always! Love the pic from our Juan P. night, and love the pic of Jo and her kiddos. Now I am super sad I didn't enlist you to take a few shots of me and my boys before Finn arrived.

Cassie said...

Oh my! Just catching up on your blog (I am so behind on mine!). Great as always! Love the pic from our Juan P. night, and love the pic of Jo and her kiddos. Now I am super sad I didn't enlist you to take a few shots of me and my boys before Finn arrived.