Sorry for the random blogs these days! I'm jumping around and doing them whenever I can. The kids love reading the blog books I print off and the other day they were asking about more recent blogs. I decided I needed to get back on here and document our lives!
We headed up to the cabin the day after Christmas to celebrate with Chris's family! We got to Chris's parents house and received a phone call from his parents (who were already at the cabin) to bring the space heaters up. Uh oh....I was a little worried! We got there and it was 45 degrees inside the cabin! It had already warmed up 20 degrees from when David and Linda got there so I'm sure 45 felt pretty nice to them, but it was pretty cold for us:) The furnace had broken, but thankfully we were going to be able to get a new one in a couple days and they had a fireplace that pumped out the heat. It made for some funny pictures of us sitting around wrapped in blankets with hats on!
The main living area warmed up nicely and we ended up having a great time. By the time the new furnace got there, we had pretty much decided we could live without it for the most part! I got a new state puzzle which we all spent a ton of time on (my neck was super sore for days because I was bent over working on the puzzle for so long!) The kids got outside a few times...I got out there once to enjoy the winter at the lake. All in all..a great Christmas at the cabin despite the beginning with no heat!
Below is a picture we tried to recreate in the same spot int the lake. One in the summer and one in the winter. I think I like the summer picture a little better:)
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment