Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Dubuque Dolphins

Max and Ivy just finished up their very first swim season! My friend Marie really encouraged me to put them in swimming with this team. She spoke so highly of the coaches, the program and the other parents. She was right! The kids had a blast and I thought it was such a great experience for them and I met such wonderful people and got to know some others better as well. Mya was too busy with gymnastics and basketball to join, but of course in true Mya fashion, she watched one practice and claimed she should do swimming as well! Ivy and Max took a few lessons prior to the season just to learn how to flip t urn and get the basics for the 4 strokes. (Ivy just concentrated on 2...freestyle and back)

If nothing else, they are now solid swimmers and got a bunch of really good exercise this winter when they can't do a lot else! Max I know will continue next season, and I really hope Ivy does too! I may just make her if she's not doing anything else...she never wanted to go, but once she got there she did really well, worked hard and had fun!






No comments: