On Friday March 2nd, I was home for the 5th consecutive day from school due to the big ice storm. I cleaned all day long and then we went out to eat with some friends for dinner. I don't like spicy food (pregnant or not), but that night I decided to give some buffalo wings a try. I only had a few, but I think that's what got things going...
Chris was working on our basement trying frantically to get it done before the baby arrived (I was due March 13th) so he was up until 1am working on the sheet rock. Around 4 I woke up and didn't feel very well and thought my water might have broken. At 5 I called and they said to come in. I was having some contractions, but I had been having them for weeks by this time. When I got in to the hospital, we walked and walked and walked and walked until the contractions picked up. At 9, they put us in a room and we called our parents. At 9:30 I sat up to get some blood drawn and felt a pop. Water broke and the poor kid drawing my blood didn't know what the heck was going on!
I started pushing around 2:30 and at 4:30 I was still pushing and there was no one at the bottom of the bed. Doesn't take a genius to figure out something wasn't quite right. The doctor came in and said she'd try forceps and if they didn't work, we were going to do a C-section. Stupid me had never even thought about the possibility so I was a bit upset. Forceps didn't work (the only thing they did was to make a big gash on Max's head) so we ended up with a C-section and an 8 lb 14 oz baby boy! We didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl so it was a great surprise. Both of our parents and Uncle Jeff were out in the waiting room, so it was fun for Chris to run out and share the news!
This post is getting a bit long, so I'll wrap it up. Max has been a super kid (once we got to 6 months:) His smile is enough to make me melt. We're really looking forward to the next year and all of the fun we will have with that little guy.
March 3rd, 2007
March 3rd, 2008
March 3rd, 2009



6 comments:
Seriously, I'm bawling!
What a great story - I am sure you can't believe how fast the time has gone. I am scared for how fast it is going with my boys already!
Can you hear me singing Max? Hope all the Hodens are having a great day celebrating and remembering.
Happy Birthday Max!
-Kel E.
Happy Birthday a little late Max! I remember coming to see you in the hospital with Lindsey and Judy - oh how he has grown also - fun pictures! Great stories by both Mom and Dad also!
Happy B-Day Beth!
Your 311 Amigo!
Post a Comment