Once our house in CF got all packed up, the kids and I went to Decorah for a few days. While we were there, we had a little birthday party for Max. He absolutely loved all of the presents and since then has been asking for presents every time someone comes to our house! He mastered blowing out candles very quickly. We re-lit them many times so he could keep blowing them out! He also loved us singing "Happy Birthday." He kept saying "again" each time we were done singing it! Here is a video.
On Max's birthday (the 3rd) Mya decided to add to the excitement and start crawling! Now just a week and a half later she is starting to pull up and can easily go from a crawling position to a sitting one. We spy on her in the video monitor as she sits up and peeks over her crib to see if we're coming to rescue her. She has developed quite the personality in the last few weeks as well. She only wants to play with whatever Max has. She just follows him around and bugs him to no end! Luckily, he has been a trooper through it all. I just keep telling him how much Mya loves him and wants to be like him. Not sure if he gets it, but so far he hasn't shown any aggression towards her.
She'll kill us someday for posting this picture:)
A week ago Friday (Mar 6th) we closed on our house here in Dubuque. My parents brought the kids down late morning so we got a jump on unpacking before they got here. All went smoothly. At 4:00 that afternoon, we jumped in the van and went to Wisconsin Dells for the weekend! It probably wasn't the best decision we've ever made, but we had a great time in the Dells with Brian, Amanda and Olivia. No pics there...not sure what I was thinking not getting a picture of Max in the water park. Guess we'll have to go back!
This past Wednesday was my birthday. I turned the age I will be forever...29! My friend from Luther, Rachel, was in town on Spring Break visiting her parents. She was going to take me out on Tuesday night to a new Brew Pub here in Dbq. Not only did Rachel take me out, but Bree and Kindel (more Luther girls) came to surprise me as well! We had a great time and then on Wednesday we spent the day down in Bellevue (sp?) at her parents condo on the river. It was a great birthday. Here's a pic of all the girls at the restaurant.
Max and Mya are doing great here at our new house. Max is already saying "home" when we drive in the driveway. We have met a few neighbors and hope to meet more when the weather gets nice. I already have a play date lined up for sometime next week, so we're looking forward to that. I also decided to join MOPS here in Dbq so that is on Wednesday.
That is what we've been up to lately! Enjoy what is left of the weekend!!



3 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been busy lately! I adore the picture of the kids on top of the box with your new address! So cute! I loved seeing the pic of all the Luther girls! Made me think we should all try and arrange a get-together sometime in the near future. :)Kel
I loved all your updates and the cute pictures and videos. You guys have been soooo busy. It was great to see a picture of you and the Luther gang too. -Kel
Glad the move went somewhat smoothly - boy the kiddos are growing fast. We are on Spring Break this week and it is beautiful weather so far. I have to post some new pictures on my blog this week while I am off!
Post a Comment