I should have known better, but I went and got Max's haircut today. He wasn't a fan of the clippers, so he screamed bloody murder and I ended up sitting him on my lap, holding him down and getting gobs of hair in my mouth. Meanwhile, Mya had to be handed off to some stranger in the salon only to cry b/c that's what she does...we were quite the sight.
Mya has been giving us fits lately. She was 8 months old yesterday and still won't eat solid foods. Once in a great while we can get some cereal and/or baby food in her tummy, but not very often. Most of the time she shuts her lips, looks away and pushes my hand away. I'm not sure what to do. We've tried every flavor of food, given it to her at every possible time of day, level of hunger, consistency, temperature, etc. and nothing has worked. Anybody have any ideas? Similar stories? She's getting up in the night to eat a couple times. We give in and feed her b/c we're worried she's not getting enough calories during the day. For some reason it has really started to bother me now that she is 8 months old. I looked back at Max's baby book and I know it's not fair to compare kids, but he was eating 3 meals a day at this point. I'm lucky if she'll eat 3 bites per day.
We have a beautiful front door at our house in Dubuque. Well, we HAD a beautiful front door. Chloe scratched it up today when we were downstairs and couldn't hear her wanting in. That didn't help....
So, that was my day today. I hope tomorrow will be better, but I'm not going to lie and say I'm not thrilled it's Friday. Tonight Max is getting to stay up a little later because the Gophers are playing in the NCAA tournament. Chris doesn't even have to prompt him anymore and he yells, "Go Gophers!" I'll leave you with a pic of Max in his gopher outfit.



5 comments:
I saw on the Colegrove's blog Gray is eating cereal now. No clues or tips from me for Mya, time... I guess? Love your stories, they make me smile.
Break is great, I could go another week like this... makes me want summer here now!
Beth, I saw your blog on Kelly's page and thought I would check it out! I don't have any solid advice, other than with Cooper he would not eat anything for the longest time (like 10 months old) and then it was straight to pizza chunks, cereal bars...he totally skipped the baby food thing. Miles is a totally different kid, and will eat 6-7 baby food jars a day. Cooper was a challenge, but is got it...just late!
Miles still wakes up throughout the night - EVERY night- to eat. I think that will change soon, too. Hopefully! Your kids are adorable by the way! - Bubb
Beth,
Katelyn never ate cereal. I tried giving it to her many times and she hated it! She just turned 8 months on the 16th. Up until last week she was only eating a couple spoonfuls of fruit and veggies. Now, just this past week she has been eating much better. I can't believe it! She is opening her mouth wide and wanting to eat. Before I was pushing the spoon through her closed lips! Yes, she's still getting up 2 times to eat at night too!! The doctor said to let her fall back asleep on her own, but she just keeps crying, so I end up feeding her. Maybe give it a couple more weeks and Mya will want to start eating better!
Beth, Max's time out story made me laugh, but I feel for you too. It's hard not to smile when they're doing something so cute (and smart). Sorry I don't have any advise for Mya and baby food. Ava was alot like Max (she ate everything) so it's hard to give suggestions. Mya just sounds like she enjoys doing things on her own watch. -Kel E.
I know what you mean about comparing the two kids - I find myself doing that every second of every day. I have to remind myself that even though they are twins they are two separate people! I would love them to learn spanish...
Post a Comment