Friday AM - Max and I played outside in the sprinkler for an hour while Mya slept. Chloe decided it was too hot and not fun to have Max chase her with the mower, so she went inside to enjoy the a/c. Mya woke up after an hour and we all played for awhile while I got lunch together (all meals have been planned and indexed by Beth). So far so good.
Friday PM - Took Mya awhile to fall asleep, but I think I got a solid hour with both kids dreaming away at the same time. Found myself wondering what to do! I was almost ready for them to wake up after awhile. Thought about just sticking put and playing it safe at home. Instead, we went to the park. Max loves it there. Going on the slides, playing in the sand, asking all the kids to play with him... He has no problem staying busy. Another favorite thing also kept him occupied - chasing birds. No matter how many times he'd get within 50 feet of them and they would fly away, he still kept trying. Over and over again. That's persistence! Talked him into leaving without a big fuss because Chloe was in the car. Seeing that she just sat through some heat, we went to a pond nearby with a walking path around it. Pitstop halfway through for Max to throw rocks in the water and Chloe to swim for the first time this year. Of course, Max wanted to swim also. Dad said no. Got the kids home and fed, put to sleep, and that's that! Even though I've been busy all day with them, it's still lonely here without Beth. Max hasn't seemed to mind it being just me around (he's asked for her once, Grandpa and Grandma once and Brian and "Beva" once :), and Mya is Daddy's little girl anyway, so the first day has been pretty smooth sailing.
Here's some pics of playing in the backyard and Chloe (haven't posted a pic of her in a long time):



1 comment:
Chris I bet taking care of 3 kids can be a challenge (the kids max mya and chloe!!!!!) The pictures of them playing in the water is so cute!
Post a Comment