In case you're wondering...here's the run down on what was in there: 3 sippy cups, 4 winter hats, 2 coats, 1 sweatshirt, 1 MN Twins hat, 1 Gopher hat, 2 library books, 1 library card, 1 pair of gloves, 1 movie, package of napkins, a toy fishing pole, bowl, a dish rag, bracelet, nalgene water bottle, play phone, my purse, some dinosaur looking creature, a book we somehow took from the Gap, 2 pairs of Max's underwear, a sun hat, a pair of socks, 2 kids cups from a restaurant, an elmo phone, a motorcycle, 2 cars, 1 pair of shoes, some binoculars, 1 package of table toppers for going out to eat, and a half eaten bag of goldfish. That's it.
Everything in this basket had a purpose for being in the van. For example...the dish rag. One day this week I got the kids buckled in their seat and then noticed their faces were dirty. So, I went inside and got a rag and wiped their faces. I didn't take it back in, because I didn't feel like dealing with telling Chloe again that she was not coming with us. I could go on and on about all the rest of the items, but I'll spare you. Anyway...please, you other mommy bloggers and blog readers out there, tell me your car/vans look the same!!



5 comments:
Yes!! We have the same amount of stuff in our Tahoe too! The kids always seem to bring a sippy cup, toy, book or something out with them every time we leave. We have goldfish crackers, fruit snacks and M & M's all over the floor of the car too!
Grampa David says that our car never had quite this much stuff in it when Chris & Jeff were little...maybe it's a sign of the times.
My van is always trashed! Andy constantly complains about how messy it is, etc. Funny how when something is needed(food, water, diapers, blankets, toys, etc) I'm usually able to produce the desired object. You can never have enough snacks or beverages in your vehicle.
My boys once ate every piece of food and beverage I could find on a 2 hr car ride that started at 4:30 pm that was ending in a planned pizza party. Fortunately I still had the remnants of my lunch (sandwich makings, apple, yogurt) that I take to work, but didn't get carried in the house before we left town. The boys ate every cereal bar, yogurt, sandwich I could produce. They couldn't last until the pizza. Seriously -Alex had 3 cereal bars, an apple w/peanut butter and a yogurt - he doesn't eat that much in a whole day sometimes!!!
I don't have kids - and my car looks like that almost year round. ask our Mom. she yells at me everytime she gets in my car for whatever reason. literally yells at me - so the Deckers, Bradleys, Phiesters, Tjeltas, AND the Ruins can even hear her. it's embarassing... so heads up. don't let GRANDMA HUINKER in your car. she won't have a voice the next day. Sometimes when I come home she'll whip out her $1 vacuum from a garage sale she got. "best bang for your buck" she always says.
anyways - kids or no kids...messy cars run in our family, apparently not in the Hodens.
Don't hang your head, sister..and don't yell at your kids when they do the same someday.
-Tara.
Beth, I was just looking at my car the other day and wanted to scream just remembering the days "before kids" and how rediculously clean my car used to be. NOW, my MDX is just rediculously messy with smashed cheerios and goldfish, toys, and foot prints on the back of both front seats. At least the kids are happy!
Post a Comment