Thursday, October 22, 2009
cookie dough
Cookie dough is one of my favorite things in the world! It was a close second behind a glass of wine as the first things I ate/drank when I was not pregnant anymore! Unfortunately, Mya will not be able to experience cookie dough for awhile at least. Today Max and I were making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. When we were done, I gave him a beater and didn't even think about the fact that he might share with Mya. As soon as it hit me...I was already too late. She took a lick or 2 of the beater and seconds later was broken out in hives from the eggs. here's a (not so great)shot of her face about an hour afterwards. Not sure if you can tell, but she's still pretty beat-up. This is also after a generous dose of benedryl. Poor thing. I have never had to deal with allergies...I only hope this is something she out grows sooner rather than later so she can enjoy a cookie dough tornado at the whippy dip someday:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh, Mya. I'm so sorry to see you with so many hives. We hope you feel better soon. :)
Sad! I can't imagine not being able to eat the cookie dough tornadoes...I miss those. Hope this allergy doesn't stick around!
Poor little girl. And what a nice brother to share the cookie dough with you...he'll understand some day. Make sure you give Uncle Jeff a big hug and kiss from us this weekend. Grampa David & Gramma Linda
Mmmm! Cookie dough! Well, Mya, at least your brother is letting you get a little taste since your mom won't share with you! :) And yes, we hope the allergy goes away too - we are really hoping Carson grows out of his respiratory/breathing & asthma issues so we know how that goes. Hope you are having a great weekend! love, Katie and the kids
Post a Comment